Pixie's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might help for reference:
Dal said:
Standard Cuirass, lowered and 17" wheel moondust:

[albumimg]567[/albumimg]

[albumimg]568[/albumimg]

Standard front clearance - 158mm

[albumimg]571[/albumimg]

Lowered & 17s front clearance - 140mm
(17s add about 10mm height as they are 20mm larger in diameter)

[albumimg]574[/albumimg]

Standard rear arch height - 655mm

[albumimg]570[/albumimg]

Lowered & 17s rear arch height - 616mm

[albumimg]575[/albumimg]

Standard front arch clearance with tape:

[albumimg]573[/albumimg]

Standard rear arch clearance with tape:

[albumimg]572[/albumimg]

Lowered & 17s front arch clearance with tape:
(had to lay it down as wasn't enough space)

[albumimg]578[/albumimg]

Lowered & 17s rear arch clearance with tape:

[albumimg]577[/albumimg]

Rear profile:

[albumimg]579[/albumimg]

Standard profile:

[albumimg]569[/albumimg]

Lowered & 17s profile:

[albumimg]576[/albumimg]

Remember that having 17" wheels with tyres of 205/40/17 will add 20mm to the wheel diameter (std 195/50/15 = 576mm, 17" on 205/40/17 = 596mm) and so increases the ride height by 10mm. It'll look slightly lower on standard 15" alloys and tyres.

That do you Chris?

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=21896#p21896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe they just havent had time to settle... Mine took a while to settle.

And the front does look slightly lower

I was looking at some new wheels anyway sooo, effectively if i get some 16''s it will look better :/ lol

What are peoples thoughts on these?
http://www.madmotors.co.uk/rgm-ford-puma-abs-plastic-headlight-eyebrows.html?source=googleps&id=37937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First think I took off my Puma when i bought it. Hate them with a passion. Makes the Puma's cat's eye shape look dorkish.

No i dont either haha I was just trying to find other ways of covering up my ridiculously cloudy headlamp without having to buy a new one lol :/

Sorry, Pix. They're horrid. :(

Try some T-Cut / Scratch-X + elbow grease - does help a bit. although the effect is temporary (about 3 weeks before it needs doing again).

Scratch -X noted lol , I tried Tcut at the weekend.
Right, i think the clouding is from the inside cause the seals have gone around it, the lens is really opaque :(
I tried to get the headlights out on sunday but failed :( I pooped the bonnet, took off the grile, undid the bolts on the tops of the headlights on the wing, then undid the ones on the inside of the lamp on the swively bit and then tried wiggling them out. They moved but wouldn't come free :( :( Any suggestions?!

Pixie said:
I pooped the bonnet
(note: ^ not a misquote, this happened)

Best typo ever! Not sure we should help any more if that's how you treat your car. :-D

PS - Yvonne (Puma Babe) either did, or posted a link to a video on how to remove the headlights, it's on YouTube I think; will try and dig it out.

evilrob said:
Pixie said:
I pooped the bonnet
Best typo ever! Not sure we should help any more if that's how you treat your car. :-D

(note: ^ not a misquote, this happened.)

Oooohhh Whoopsie my mistake :( lol

Thanks for the helpful input though hahahaa :D

I found T-Cut metalic first (only thing it's good for), Scratch-X next then a good wax did the best job.

I have been experimenting with using a bit of trim polish that contains UV protection afterwards as well. It did seem to last better still but made the headlights slightly smeary. Better than French-headlight-yellow though I suppose!

I tried the metallic T-cut :( And I did use elbow grease :roll:
UNLESS someone wants to sell me a headlamp for cheap :D

Pixie said:
Have you tapped up Ian G? - he'll have some knocking about for sure, and he's not known for being expensive.

evilrob said:
Can you spot anything in this vid that you didn't do when trying to remove them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRJkRpC9bo

I did everything up to the point before wiggling it out :/ as it wouldnt come out i even got angry and tried yanking it but noooope :( :(

evilrob said:
Pixie said:
Have you tapped up Ian G? - he'll have some knocking about for sure, and he's not known for being expensive.

I shall go have a looksie , How much is cheap for a lamp?

Pixie said:
What are peoples thoughts on these?
http://www.madmotors.co.uk/rgm-ford-puma-abs-plastic-headlight-eyebrows.html?source=googleps&id=37937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Max Power, circa 2000.

Back