2014 trackday meets?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh....
Well enjoy Croft when you get there Aaron :grin:

M.O,T are being very quiet. Ill try them by phone, if I still get no joy I`ll be booking regardless.

I`m contemplating a Blyton visit too, at the end of August, if anyones interested?

Hi Stephen.
No, I haven't been to Rockingham bafore,
We`re on the National circuit which seems a whole lot safer than the International circuit.

I was thinking about slipping in a cheap trackday between Fordfair and my planned Donington visit in Sept.
This just jumped out at me and at £145 its good value too (it was this or Blyton and i`ve been there this year already)

Well am I not pleased :-(

I booked Rockingham through trackdays.co.uk website and paid £145.
On Rockinghams own site they are offering the same trackat at £125!!
The difference would have got me a garage :cry:

If anyone fancies this one, Check out Rockinghams website before booking!!!!

I am very happy to report that my 280mm brake conversion is fitted and works great
Ive also treated the car to a strut brace set...

So to celebrate (and as a shakedown run) I've booked 1/2 a day at Blyton for the day before fordfair.

I thought id make a weekend of it ;-)

Any updates about this track day ? I'm at Caldwell on the 27th August (evening session) but would be very interested in going in October, I've got a mate with a Puma who's interested too :)

I got no word back from my email.
and just got answerphone...
This Blyton trackday on Saturday is with M.O.T so I`ll try one last time face to face to get us a discount or whatever.
Failing that I`ll jus t be booking the day individually (At £120 it is a good price to start with)
I`ll have an answer at Fordfair, if you are going.
I will keep this post updated as to both the October Cadwell and September Donington..

RichPuma said:
Any updates about this track day ? I'm at Caldwell on the 27th August (evening session) but would be very interested in going in October, I've got a mate with a Puma who's interested too :)
See you there :)

OK Stephen, mines the pacific green puma, my mate Dave is in the blue with black bonnet puma. I've seen on the Javelin website your booked to join us :) should be a good few hours, few mx5's going too.

RichPuma said:
OK Stephen, mines the pacific green puma, my mate Dave is in the blue with black bonnet puma. I've seen on the Javelin website your booked to join us :) should be a good few hours, few mx5's going too.
First trackday for the car, so using it as a shakedown before booking a full day. Hoping it's dry, but looking forward to it. You doing any others before or after this one?

Nothing else planned yet this will be my 2nd outing in my puma. Been to Caldwell once already and came off at hall bends due to a front puncture. Bent the back axle and snapped the steering rack, oh and side panel damage front to back (panel damage only partly fixed :-( ) I've got better tyres now :)

Wow, what Tyres were you on? we're bringing two sets of Tyres hopefully. I've only done cadwell in a Caterham before and it will be my sons first time so we'll be taking it real easy. Hoping to do 17th as well if stu manages to organise it with MOT.

Was on standard road tyres but the car was fitted with 17" wheels I'd only had the car 4 days :-\ now got some marangoni zetas for the dry and some yokohamas if its damp/wet both on 15" wheels. Fitted polybushes to the new back axle and stripped out the back of the car of seats and side panels + seatbelts :)

We've still got rear bushes to do. Hoping to have them fitted in time. My sons just won some bucket seats but i don't think we'll get time to fit them either Did you buy marangoni Tyres off e -bay guy who was selling 6 Tyres? If so i bought other 2 :) they're going on back, with Yokohama a048 up front. Tr1's if it's wet.

I got them off eBay, guy in market Deeping he was only selling 4 as far as I knew. Got them for £100 with about 4mm of tread left :)

Yep eBay from a guy in Market Deeping as far as I knew he only had 4. Paid £100 for them and they have about 4mm of tread.

Hey guys,
I had the road version of the Marganoni Zeta for my first couple of trackdays.
In the dry they were okay. Good even.
In even the slightest damp they were plain dangerous!!
I`d definitely take "wets" as well just in case they have similar compounds.

I`ve moved onto Michelin Pilot Exaltos.
They are a control tyre for the Ginetta series and have to be new each race so you can buy a set, with just 15 laps on them, for £125 delivered (they are £90 a corner new!!)
They are astonishing in the dry AND wet :cool:

Toyo T1rs in the wet at Cadwell were awesome, there wasn't much that could keep up and they were excellent at Oulton in the dry on a hot day - great all round tyre, I was keeping up with my son and he was running semi slicks, just ask trublustu and at £125 a set from JJC, cheap as chips

Just booked Snetterton for Sat 20th Sept, its only the 200 circuit as the 100 circuit is being used for drifting day, so does mean plenty to watch as well

Being a MSV trackday means older kids (min age 14) can go as passengers

Back