2014 trackday meets?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trublustu said:
Hey guys,
I had the road version of the Marganoni Zeta for my first couple of trackdays.
In the dry they were okay. Good even.
In even the slightest damp they were plain dangerous!!
I`d definitely take "wets" as well just in case they have similar compounds.

I`ve moved onto Michelin Pilot Exaltos.
They are a control tyre for the Ginetta series and have to be new each race so you can buy a set, with just 15 laps on them, for £125 delivered (they are £90 a corner new!!)
They are astonishing in the dry AND wet :cool:

and where can i buy these from?

Hi Jay,
A member on this forum, username daveB gets them.
If you search for him in the member list and Pmsg him, I`m sure he`d be glad to hear from you.

Plus...

I did 106 miles on my Michelins on Saturday morning at Blyton testing my new brakes to the max.
Once again the tyres were exemplary, as were the 280mm brakes. (before I broke another bloody gear selector!!)
I had a Lotus Elise owner come over to find out how I had passed him so many times!!
I also spoke to one of the MOT chaps regarding a block booking for Cadwell in october. His words were "we`d be delighted to have you along" (He`s a former Puma owner and really likes them. :)
We also got a promise of a better price. I`ll speak to the bloke who sets this up at MOT this week.
Watch for dedicated meet thread :thumbs:

Popped down to Oulton Park today as they had a trackday on and wanted to have a look for myself what it is all about. I must admit I was tempted to have a go in the FRP, until a XR2 came back into the pits with only 3 wheels on!! :-( I had fancied getting a mondeo mk2 St200 as a trackcar (love the v6 engine) but reading about how well the Puma does around the track I might get another 1.7 and strip it out and have a go! Was hoping to see some fellow puma owners today but didn't spot any.

My track itch is gonna boil over soon, need another open pit or I can see myself getting pulled!

Hello Cibbie.
Don't be fooled by the tracktime at fordfair, its nothing like a regular trackday.
Because its just ad-hoc sessions nobody has any respect for other drivers.
I saw guys full on racing each other which would have you thrown of any of the previous trackdays I have attended.
I still wouldn't risk my FRP (if I had one!) on track because you are pushing your own abilities and can easily have a little woops and armco takes no prisoners.

On a brighter note...
Your idea of picking up a cheapo 1.7 and having a crack is easily the best way to go.
Have a go.
Be warned though. Its like a drug...
You'll never have any money and will always crave your next 'fix'

Trublstu
Glad you got positive feedback from the MOT guy I was going to see how I get on when I go on the 27th this month and then was going to book with MOT so I will wait to see what discount they offer! But I'm 99% sure I can make it :)

trublustu said:
Hello Cibbie.
Don't be fooled by the tracktime at fordfair, its nothing like a regular trackday.
Because its just ad-hoc sessions nobody has any respect for other drivers.
I saw guys full on racing each other which would have you thrown of any of the previous trackdays I have attended.
I still wouldn't risk my FRP (if I had one!) on track because you are pushing your own abilities and can easily have a little woops and armco takes no prisoners.

On a brighter note...
Your idea of picking up a cheapo 1.7 and having a crack is easily the best way to go.
Have a go.
Be warned though. Its like a drug...
You'll never have any money and will always crave your next 'fix'

I didn't go to the Fordfair... but that definitely would of put me off! What struck me watching the cars go round at Oulton yesterday was the differences in speeds, and the awareness the drivers were showing to others for example a Nissan GTR got straight out of the way of a faster Caterham.

I'm very tempted, although if I had a track car and an FRP it sounds like I'll be seeing a lot of red on my bank statements! My colleague in work also added "So you'll have a racing puma for the road and a road going puma for the track?!" makes perfect sense to me! :lol:

I have a driving experience day coming up in October at Oulton I'll be having a go in the tracks own M3s and single seaters... I'm guessing I might not have much resistance to this "bug" or addiction or whatever you want to call it! :lol:

Cibbie, as trublustu says, its worse than crack...your car is never good enough, you need more fuel everytime you go, you look through the trackday listings and drool. Then there is the come downs after a trackday, it seems like no one else shares your high and doesn't want to discuss the day or listen to the tales of how quick you were and what you passed on track. You can't understand why no one wants to watch your in car footage but your buzzing so much from it you are compelled to tell everyone about your day.

As for show tracktime - forget it, despite driver briefings, half dont attend and those that do ignore everything they were told, its a free for all. Very dangerous and the guys giving professional passenger rides in the circuits own cars are probably the worst culprits scaring the bejesus out of people with daring inside outside overtaking moves. I did Silverstone at Trax last year and bought 2 track sessions, I was so appalled at the behaviour on the first one, I didn't even bother going out for the second run. There were at least 5 cars written off on the day and various minor prangs. Didn't really see any marshals or any flags.

On an organised open pitlane trackday, it is very disciplined, you will get black flagged and a good telling off by the clerk of the course, a second incident and you will be sent home. I've even been witness to a driver being banned from the circuit for being disrepectful to other drivers and marshals. It's a case of have fun but be safe, fair and courteous or go home. If you don't attend a drivers briefing, you dont get to go on track its that simple.

As for an experience day, its not a track day, they are very different but enjoy it and listen to the instructors. On that note, if you do a trackday - pay the £20 to get an instructor in your car, it is worth every penny and more

open pitlane is by far the best, and as has been said, standard of driving tends to be high, and those that don't stick to rules are very quickly spoken to, and either you acknowledge, apologise and correct or you are on a hiding to nothing,

Everyone will make a mistake at some point on track, but if/when you are pulled over for a chat, don't try and argue

I overtook someone as they braked, pulled over to left but didn't indicate (apparently they were just getting over for turning into next corner very early)

Just apologised to marshal, said though they just didn't indicate, and carried on, its those that kick off about why they shouldn't have been on track, how wonderful they are, all the experience blah blah, that either get black flagged or run out of talent and give everyone else something to talk about, not nice seeing a car dragged off track but in all the trackdays I have done, nearly every one is a car that has been driven like a tit, and probably spoken to at least once by marshalls

2 years ago at our (t5d5) castle combe trackday, a certain person was spoken to twice by marshals, and several people had spoken to me and other Mods about their aggressive driving style, less than an hour later car was a wreck after proving how much of a cock they can be.

as is said at most briefings.. 'don't try and race or copy, just pull back and watch them as they run out of talent, then once they are parked in the tyre wall just drive carefully past'

I love the Puma, as although not the fastest track weapon in the world, its a right hoot to drive, and you can control it right on the limit, where the maximum fun is, try and drive some super powered car right at its limit and survive

trublustu - we are definately budgeting for the Cadwell meet so if it comes to a block booking we are a definate-

I'm currently also trying to budget for an additional beginners to trackdays set up at Blyton. I have a few customers who want to experience track days and I'm putting my car up as a test car. I've got two customers lined up so far but if anyone else wants to join us they are welcome. I'm looking at 23rd November

I'm offering people to drive my car with me instructing in the passenger seat via intercom for £35, I pay the additional driver fee the £25 is to cover petrol etc should get at least 3 or 4 sessions in the car of 20 mins or so each session, plus passenger rides as an introduction and a full walk through of a track day - I must stress I'm not ARDS qualified and this is just based on my experience, its non profit just covering expenses, just had a thought tha I'll post a seperate thread

I had such a laugh at Bedford autodrome on the SEN circuit I definitely wana go back and maybe try the full GT circuit, javelin are running two upcoming days for the GT circuit at £139 each both openpit first on the 1st September and the other on the 6th October, anyone interested in either of these dates?

I little birdy tells me of a certain arrangement with Rockingham too which I'm up for but dunno how much I can mention on here at the mo, sounds awesome though.

Neil we're gonna try and do brands hatch in november, we were discussing it on sunday at Ford Fair

Sparx said:
Neil we're gonna try and do brands hatch in november, we were discussing it on sunday at Ford Fair

Oh cool.... but Novembers co co braa ba ba coldddddd........ :(

Lol, we did Brands in November before on a Ford track day and it was alright - a little bit of drizzle but nothing major.. plus its cheaper out of season :lol:

http://www.clubmsv.co.uk/car-home/event-details.aspx?productid=2232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that one?

looking at this one

http://circuit-days.co.uk/event_info.asp?id=524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

27th Oct at Brands, although the one on 12th Nov is a ford only one

Yep, put me down for one! Probably Brands in November. I want to try out my new track wheels (& steering wheel!) :lol:

Latest posts

Back