1.4 or 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not worth turbo charging a tractor but they've done it for fun... why does something have to be worth it.... not everyone cares about MPG etc etc

It is worth it...

Just seems daft thats all.

Everyone's different though and not for me to say what someone should do :)

daveski said:
Don't think its worth turbo'ing it. Better to start with a faster car.

I've had 125 out of my diesel Focus and 130+ from my Clio 172's. On private land of course.

Lets have a top speed competition! My R33 will do 168, Ive had it to 140 and bottled out, Front wheel imbalance.

Kizza said:
Flying Scotsman said:
Kizza said:
supercharger.......cheaper!!! thats my plan :wink:

Many have tried..... and as it stands... i dont think i know of one that worked...

what charger have they used?

im getting a merc charger, thats small enough to fit where the ac pump went and with a little modification use the same mounting bolts too.

Am on a hunt for rotrex c30-94 blower myself, probably the most compact of chargers I've seen around and good for upto 400 ponies :grin:

Kizza said:
CJ_Puma1.7 said:
Kizza said:
Flying Scotsman said:
Kizza said:
supercharger.......cheaper!!! thats my plan :wink:

Many have tried..... and as it stands... i dont think i know of one that worked...

what charger have they used?

im getting a merc charger, thats small enough to fit where the ac pump went and with a little modification use the same mounting bolts too.

Am on a hunt for rotrex c30-94 blower myself, probably the most compact of chargers I've seen around and good for upto 400 ponies :grin:

where ar you thinging of fitting it? and how much are they? i can pick up a merc charger and fit it for about £300 and locate it where the ac pump was.
there will be a lot of work to do, but a lot of stuff will be removed/relocated under the bonet particularly to make space for it, biggest problem will be to accommodate the inlet manifold and 4 individual throttle bodies and the fit the blower itself...
As said, the amount of work will be ridiculous, but at the end will be worth every drop of blood, sweat and tears... and penny spent :)

If all above will fail(in regards of making space for charge) then there's one more trick up my sleeve :wink:

Oh and price wise I've seen them go for 800 Euros on the continent, other than that full kit will be £1'450 + fitting + mapping and so on :?

oilburner said:
I had 160 on the clock on my old Civic Type R

Blimey! Even if it had a 10% speedo error thats still pretty impressive.

Back