1.4 Remap

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulZ

Evening all,

Is it possible to custom remap a standard ECU or do I need some form of piggy back ECU to do that.

Cheers
PaulZ

Everyone I've spoken to about remapping a 1.4 says that the ecu is incompatible with remapping. I'm sure someone somewhere will have te software to do it but none of the main people, or those with rolling roads will touch them.
It's either a piggy back or standalone route, or get a 1.6 zetec s fiesta ecu and key set

Cheers Tom,

Ginger Tom said:
get a 1.6 zetec s fiesta ecu and key set

Is this just a matter of swapping ECU etc? nothing to drastic like a new engine loom or anything.

PaulZ

Doubt the loom will need changing, key chip, transponder ring that goes round your ignition barrel and ecu.

Probably cost you £30 as most people throw them out and replace them with puma 1.7 stuff.

If I were you I'd fit the 1.7.

Hi Adam, Thanks for the info.

Adam-M said:
If I were you I'd fit the 1.7.

A 1.7 isn't really viable for me at the moment so just trying to optimise what iv got for now.

Was thinking of having a 1.7 inlet manifold, modified air box with a cold air feed and a race tube all remapped to suit.

I know its not going to gain much but an extra 5bhp plus any extra lb.ft and better throttle response is fine by me until I decide what I'm doing long term.

PaulZ

Latest posts

Back