1.4 tuning ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstPuma

hi guys

I have a 1.4 Puma from 1999 and i think it could use some tuning.
But i don't know what is possible with the 1.4.
and first of all it doesn't need to be a track racer :) although it would be fun !!
can you guys give me some tips ?

Greetz Ruben

p.s. i am on a tight budget :(

Hmmm, big power from a 1.4 is possible, but not on a budget I am afraid... The biggest bang for your buck would be to fit a performance exhaust whit a 4-2-1 manifold... That should give anywhere from 10 to 20 hp but stil not particulary cheep.

Have a look at http://www.pumaspeed.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought a 1.4 for 200 quid full tax and mot low miles proper bargan though was a bit slugish as the 1.4 isnt a power house but gave it an induction kit chainged the spark plugs oil filter fuel filter ect i allso cleand the maf sensor and it runs 100% smoother, shaper, and sounds great all cost me 80 quid money well spent. Next on my list is an upgrade cluch kit as its going to need one verry soon. Not realy much to do with a 1.4 on a tight budget but a good service and a tweek doesnt damage your pocket

If you feel brave you could put a zetec 1.25 head on the 1.4 for a cheeky lift in compression :grin:

Latest posts

Back