1.7 Cuirass Puma - £600 ono - Taxed and MOT’d

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Arch Bishop

Due to an attempt to raise some cash for child-related stuff, I need my Puma to go to a good home!

It's a 1.7 with 99,000 miles on the clock which has performed superbly as everyday transport and has had a lot of work carried out. Everything works as it should; Windows close smoothly, Aircon cools as it should (was re-commissioned and re-gassed during the summer) and even the electric front seat and the headlight levelling still works perfectly.

11 months MOT (passed with no advisories) and taxed until the end of April.

A full run down of the various foibles and triumphs from a year of ownership are detailed in my project post here - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10548" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but in brief;

Good points

- Money thrown at it for the last 12 months...
- Four matching Falken 912 tyres with good tread
- Later larger Puma front brakes with HEL braded lines
- Front suspension refresh including some new-ish front shocks (less than 20,000 on them), ARB bushes wishbones, top mounts and bearings all fitted using new Ford supplied bolts.
- Aircon serviced (dryer replaced) and re-gassed.
- Plenty of service history
- Evidence of Cambelt change at 76,000 miles
- The all important Scubasteve polished gear knob.
- Connects2 mp3 connection (Alpine 6 disc multi-changer included with sale if wanted)
- Engine runs without fault and is returning a solid 39 mpg.
- Sills recently repaired to a good standard

Bad points

- Usual Puma rot around the rear arches
- Rear top mounts need replacing in the not too distant future
- 5th Gear is stubborn when the weather is cold. May be the syncro or may be desperate for gearbox oil change
- Noise from front sounds like the drop links that I fitted weren’t the best!
- Passenger door is a bit rippled around the handle and there is a small dent on the bonnet.
- Some water ingress into the foot wells (although much of this has been reduced – see project thread).
- Overall, what can only reasonably described as tatty paintwork wise as the previous owner seemed to find parking a challenge. This is far from a concourse condition!!
- That flipping parcel shelf!!!

This car has been great at getting me to work and the engine hasn’t missed a beat in 12 months.

Genuine reason for sale. Open to sensible offers. Located in Hurstpierpoint Sussex.

Puma_spring_11_5.jpg

Puma_spring_11_3.jpg

Puma_spring_11_4.jpg

Edited with location added.

Hi,

Not really, the scuffs are fairly light for the most part but the front bumper is a bit scrawped up lower down. Nothing too bad I suppose. The puma rot is both wheel arches as the norm. They will need cutting out and replacing to make a good job but they would take a bodge job I suppose. There are no holes yet.

The price reflects the condition in all honesty. You'll most likely get a good year of fun motoring without any major work but you'll have to spend some proper money to get it looking minty!

Latest posts

Back