1.7 project, slow but steady [picture heavy!]

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on your new baby girl mate.
Sure you'll be busy for a while but I look forward to reading more updates when you're back on the car!

its-a-girl-baby-balloon-bouquet216111020_large.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!

One of the reasons i believe that the frp didnt move the topmount apart from money is to give clearance from the suspension to the wheel, if you move it over will it not clash.

Heres another idea, continue with your original plan and have the hubs machined to frp spec, then have a reducing sleeve made to fit over the end of yr existing strut o/d same as frp hub, i/d same as standard frp strut.

Simon

Not seen that done on a Puma before, stella work chap! This is one of my favourite projects. :eek:k:

can you answer a few questions for me buddy , build looks good and your attension to details admirable

what wire are you using in the welder, looks like fluxed core wire to me , which is far from suitable for welding a roll cage into a car ...

why did you not line the cross bars up onto the door bars from the engine bay rather than staggering them , they should be in line according to the fitting instructions from custom cages for strength , then you wouldnt have had to shorten the bars going to the strut towers

what are your rear spacers made from ?

I don't understand why this project is taking so long... it's not like you've had anything else to do!! lol :p

Only joking!! Those parts look really good. You've done a tidy job on those. :cool:

Kizza said:
Looks like you're the first person to make a 5 seater Puma!
I think you'll need to turn that one on the back round a bit.... :p

Looking good dude!

Is the new top mount at the same height as the original was? Or is it actually slightly higher to give the same effect as lowering the suspension?

Hmm... did that make any sense at all...?

Latest posts

Back