1.7 project, slow but steady [picture heavy!]

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
them holes look a bit close to some of the standard ones, i'd be careful when driving hard last thing you want is a wheel to fly off. great work though! you're very talented :thumbs:

Of course! i completely forgot about the extra stud taking a load! hey, are you planning on making standard panels in fibre glass at all?

looks like a much easier way of converting to 5 stud that does!

if you did re make standard panels, id be interested in some front wings

mmn, interesting thought, but I would be careful going too wide at the front, I found the frp quite oversteery as standard, but much better with 30 mm spacers instead of 20 on the rear, butcould look good though

simon

Good work, TBH if the budget had been there this is probably what tickford should have done to stop the weird angle of the topmount of the strut.

Kizza, how much do you weigh.... Diet?

Going for a really big shit before driving can lose a couple of pounds....

Cut one leg and one arm off, and put a fiesta auto box in (you might want to put the auto box in first, before you cut your appendages off, makes it too difficult to work on the car)

Cut the roof off, instant weight saving and cool as f*** too!!

fully bonded carbon roof skin

Kizza said:
well at one point I did weigh 17 stone but now I weigh about 12.

I have about 5 turds a day lol

I quite like not being a cripple and having a manual

im looking into designs for a convertible with a mid engine v6 and rear wheel drive, but that's for another project :wink:

is there any useful suggestions :roll:

Remote control :?:

You could save at least 12 Stone if you made it remote control......

:-D

I dont have any useful suggestions by the way, I think you have done pretty much everything you can do, All fibreglass panels are a fair weight saving already :thumbs:

There is shit loads of weight that can be cut off a puma shell. Tons and tons of redundant brackets for rear seats and mounts etc. If youve got a welded in cage, which it looks like you have, you can hole saw most of the interior inner panels. You will find behind the car skin, there is two further folded steel panels which they have put a few swaged holes in to save weight, but you can go proper special on them. Same with B and C pillar panels, roof brace etc.

You just have to be imaginative and look at every part of the cars body to work out if its needed. You have replaced a lot of the structure with the roll cage. Especially if its a FIA certed cage then you could in theory cut off the whole body really as the FIA regs for cage design are based on the car bodyshell having minimal real world effect (they cannot use an average figure as cars shells vary so they base a minimum figure and build the cages strong enough on thier own merit).

Just had a long read through, have to say well done on this project amazing work and attention to the little things, I hope my planned project goes as well, also wish I had half your talent lol spot on m8 :-D :eek:k:

Extensive work there.. A brilliant way to improve handling by raising the turrets. Nice work :cool:

As for angle of them. Something to bare in mind (which you may be able to get with adjustable top mounts) is that in order to get the most grip you want the shock pointing as close to the centre of the tyre as possible. This means the tyre can utilise a good deal of the cars weight. The next thing is width of tyres - wider doesn't always mean more grip, and in some instances it can mean less as there can be less of a pressure contact.

nice one looks good.....now get busy and start making some Evo spoilers lol

All the best mate, I know I will be spending some serious money with you over the next 12 months

What a cool project matey. Did you weigh the car before you started to cut all the panels out of it.

Keiran

I came and collected the body kit from you on the 10th of August

I also bought the caliper and disc upgrade from you but on the day you said the discs and pads that you received were the wrong figment

Well it's now the 7th December, after various emails, messages on here and txts, you still haven't sent the discs and pads.

I sent you my address twice

So where are they, it's now been 4 months, really bad customer service that ain't it

Bob :evil:

Latest posts

Back