16" mondeo Alloys

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuey650

anyone running them, you know the ones, look like cossie wheels but not so deep.

Picked up a cheap set last week, 7J, ET35. Anyone running them, got pics? Did you need any spacers?

I am running them, they should fit absolutely perfectly, you need 195/45R16 tyres. You definately won't need front spacers, you can add rear beam spacers if you wish, but if you have rear discs, don't go over 12.5mm.

yeh that was my problem. the 16" tyres were considerably more than 17" or 15" due to its size.

IME the 16's are a lot more than the 15's but are a lot less than the 17's for Toyo T1-r's.

I might stick my 15's back on with some new T1-r's for road use and keep the 16's for track days...mmm...there's a thought!!
The only difficult thing is sticking 4 wheels in the boot/back seats when taking them to a suitable track...I remember how difficult that was when I bought them...lol

i would of said the opposite way round. 15s for track use for cheap tyres which you will you use a lot of

Thanks for the replies folks, any pics of the wheels fitted?

The cost of rubber is one of the things that put me off then, especially since my car has 4 new tyers at the moment so it almost seems a waste to replace the wheels just now.

Check out my project thread, should be several pics there.

I got new GoodYears Eagle GSD3's for around £60 each, I don't think that is bad.

just had a look, good work there.

Decision made on wheels, they are going on the puma, really suits it. Previously had them on an rs2000 (pic below!) I had and stupidly sold the wheels on the car. When I got a chance of a set the other week for much cheapness I jumped at the chance, but couldn't decide if to put them on Puma, put them on Capri or just refurb them and punt them on.

DSCN1480.jpg

So puma it is, think I'll do them in black, or a dark carbon kinda colour.

Also not sure if they would fit. I tried ET41 6Jx15 RS2000 alloys on a Capri once and they fouled the damper, I think on the rear, not certain though. While these are ET35 (which makes them rare, most are ET40 6.5J), they are 7J wide, so I still don't think they would easily fit on a Capri.

yeah i think they would fit with some pratting around, seen a pic of a capri with them on but not sure how and it was an xpack so that might also have helped the issue. Anyway Puma it is and I'll stick with the 13's on the capri for now. Thanks folks.

TyeBoi said:
i would of said the opposite way round. 15s for track use for cheap tyres which you will you use a lot of

I know what your saying but I obviously do more miles/wear on the road so it would be cheaper in the long run to use the 15's.

The lower profile 16's would be better on the track and less comfortable on the road. Plus my 16's are starting to look raggy i.e. paint peeling etc. so might give me the chance to clean them up while they're off the car.

I won't put track day tyres on them, just stick with the Toyo's as they were brilliant round the Nurb' and I'd need proper tyres to get to and from the track instead of changing them over all the time.

Ive just put the wheels on a couple of weeks ago mate got 205 50 16 on the back and 205 45 16 on the front front rubs on full lock apparantly a 3mm spacer should cure this? reason for diff tyre sizes is i needed tyres for the 15s but tyres for the 16s ARE cheaper maybe thats because i work in a factors and i get discount? but anyway i could get the wheels off some1 i know and got 2 fronts for them. Car is ALOT more grippy

Its taken me 6 months but last week I picked myself up a set of 4 x 195\45\16 Pirelli tyres for a grand sum off....£100! They're part worns but like new, rears still have the prickly bits! Time to get my finger out and refurb the wheels then get them on the car.

Back