1997 1.7 Puma for sale - No MOT - £50

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDortenzio

Hi there,

I've had my 1997 puma for 12 years, but it failed a recent MOT, and I'd just like to see if anyone is interested in it for spares or repair, as I'm loathe to take it to the breaker's yard, if it can go to an enthusiast instead. It drives fine, and had it been just the inner rear arches requiring welding, I would have weathered the cost, but it also requires a new fuel tank as the vent at the top of the tank has rusted. The engine, gearbox and clutch are in good shape with the car having excellent pull, cambelt and clutch were changed by Ford at 51K, brakes and exhaust are ok, and the outer bodywork is generally good, the only rust a slight bubbling on one rear outer wheel arch, and a shallow dent on passenger front wing that can probably be popped out. It has a full service history, with work done by Ford garages, and later a reputable independent garage in Lewes who quoted me approx £700 to get it through the MOT, hence my low price. I was driving it daily (40 miles per day) at the time of the MOT, and its mileage had just reached 90K. I'm now driving a Zetec sport, and although I'd love to keep the puma, I cannot justify the running of two cars. The car is currently located just a few miles from Eastbourne, and I'm around anytime until the 5th January for viewings, and weekends thereafter.

Any questions, just ask, and I'll answer as fully as I can. Please go to the links below to view images of the car.

Thank you.

Email: [email protected]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88727692@N03/23700018529/in/datetaken-public/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/88727692@N03/23700119229/in/datetaken-public/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This has to be one of the cheapest Pumas I've ever seen for sale :grin:

Good luck, would be nice to see if re-homed!

Thank you :grin:

I'd also like to see it re-homed if possible, so I priced it to allow for an enthusiast to do the necessary repairs, hopefully much cheaper than what the garage quoted me.

SDortenzio said:
The car is currently located just a few miles from Eastbourne...
...which is just a few miles from me. I'll chat to some other members and see what we can come up with.

Btw beautiful pics of Venice on your links. Never been, but I paint and every artist in the world knows exactly what Venice looks like and wants to go there to paint. :)

Thank you for asking around. It is much appreciated :)

Yes, Venice is truly beautiful. It has a magical quality that's unlike anywhere else I've been, so I thoroughly recommend a trip there at least once, and I hope to go back again soon. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back