200 BHP Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burger Boy

Have you seen the 200bhp Puma Turbo for sale on Piston Heads for £2000 !!!!! Can't believe all the work its had done inc. AP Coilovers 4 pots brakes, etc and its only £2000?

Quality Car!!!

Would make a nice track car with some R888 stuck on it.

Hmm blue smoke though could mean worn valve seals, valve guides or piston rings so I'd expect to be putting in some spanner time.

If it was a bit cheaper I would buy it purely for the parts and the engine?
Thinking about it I would probably in the long run end up spending more than £2000 trying to Mod my engine, so would be worth it?

Over the last two years I have spent over £4000 on mine and still not touched the engine :cry:

Next mod for me is a roll cage and bucket seats, then stripping the interior out :roll: Can't believe at times how much money you can spend on one car!!!

Aye it was at the FF. It was owned by a mate of my other half. Its got the Van Aaken turbo conversion. Yes it has some good work done on it but i promise you... its thrashed!! Jake sold it 2 months ago for 2.5k and now its back on sale....... That says why.And its not 200bhp, its 182bhp.

Would be a good project as the van aaken turbos are quite rare , would like it to be just a turbo recondition but it could be something more expensive like the piston rings or cylinder linings as mentioned before, mileage is only 56k so cylinder linings in theory should be ok.Positives it has coil overs and hi spec brakes front and back, tempted but body kit would need to come off and spoiler .He does say 2000 ono tempted but the fact this has changed hands so quickly recently makes me think money pit!!!!!!

I may be wrong, but I think I'd seen this advertised several months ago....

topmansparkie said:
I may be wrong, but I think I'd seen this advertised several months ago....

Yeah I'm sure I saw this car on ebay a few months back, think they were asking 3k for it? May have been more. There was no mention of blue smoke back then though.

this has been up for sale for a long time, ive seen it run and it smokes quite abit on boost.. which is never a good start!

its been around on ebay a few times aswell, cant say id want to buy it!

PumaJay said:
this has been up for sale for a long time, ive seen it run and it smokes quite abit on boost.. which is never a good start!

its been around on ebay a few times aswell, cant say id want to buy it!

sounds like a car to stay away from then!!!!!!!

Also the bit about the brakes doesn't sound good as it runs hi spec with 330mm Bells and rotors The brake judder from speed could mean warped discs? Maybe shagged discs which are not cheap .....

maybe im turning into some sort of born again boy racer, but I kind of like the spoiler :D

tis now mine, and will be rebuilt over the next few days...bringing it home tonight, slowly with a blown turbo, or set of buggered rings, something serious has gone and it isnt oil seals as the poor lad thinks...

I really wouldn't drive it with a suspect blown turbo as you may find it deposits bits of the turbo inside your cylinders!

Back