2001 Thunder 1.7 Silver 76k in Kent

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gargravarr

Hi all,

Well, the time has come. I'm getting rid of Wildcat. People who've seen my posts will know why, but in the spirit of honesty, it's not the car for me any more. I'll be concentrating heavily on my Supra for the foreseeable future.

The car is in great condition. Mechanically it's totally sound - engine is good, suspension all good etc. and the interior is also fantastic - leather is all in great condition. It has 76,000 miles and I've driven less than 10,000 while I've had the car. It's missing the 6006 CD changer but that's because it broke; it has a Sony CD/radio in its place. Otherwise, it's a completely stock Thunder, right down to the original mats. Both front tyres are nearly new and the rears have good tread.

The car's had a LOT of work done while I've owned it; my threads are probably well known by now, but suffice to say all necessary work has been done. It's had new shocks, coil springs, clutch, cambelt, water pump, oil seals and quite a bit extra. It's also had a fresh oil change. I have some receipts for the work I've done, but very little service history before I owned it.

The only real bad point is the sideswipe damage. It's purely superficial; the car drives fine. Some of the scratches could be polished out. The wheel arch will probably need some attention, but that ain't exactly rare for a Puma, is it ;)

Photos are up here:
http://s342.photobucket.com/user/quantumleap2032/library/Cars/Puma

In all honesty, I don't know what the car's worth. It's a Thunder, after all, so it's got leather and nice alloys, and for a 13-year-old car it's reasonably low mileage. However, Auto Trader suggested £1,225, so let's go from there. I'll consider sensible offers. Here's the link to the AT ad: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407135785635

The car can be collected from Swanley, BR8, which is at junction 3 of the M25. I'll get it MOT'd next week but it's currently SORNed, so the buyer will need to tax it. You can contact me to arrange viewing (evenings work best for me) via PM on this forum, via my GMail address (quantumparticleresearch) or text me on oh-seven-seven-seven-three 200 584. Any questions, please ask. I've never sold a car before, but I'll try my best.

Cheers,
Rob J

Update:

The car just failed its MOT. More accurately, they didn't even start the test because it would have failed anyway. There's bodywork rust near the passenger trailing arm mounting and the subframe bushes are rotten.

This car could be considered a restoration project, but since I've had no interest I'm going to go down the route of breaking it instead. If there is no further interest this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back