2nd time Puma owner!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

si1881

Hi,

Just bought my second Puma after a break of 6 years as a cheap(ish) runabout after being made redundant and now doing a job with much less milage - as I remembered what fun it was with the last one.

Got a 2001/Y 1.7 Black with the leather bits.

Quick question for anyone who can help - and I have looked at various posts about this topic but just want a nice simple solution.

The car has quite bad brake judder which I'm guessing is the front discs - as the car is 2001 it presumably has the larger 258mm discs - can someone recommend a fairly low cost disc/pad combo and supplier to change these - i've had quotes varying from £90 inc Vat to £190+ from various local garages... I'd quite like some better quality ones but not sure which is the best for the least price and if there is really any difference with standard versus grooved etc... Any help gratefully appreciated!

Also if anyone knows of a Panther Black boot spoiler going farily cheap... :lol:

These would probably do you - £65 delivered for Mintex.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-PUMA-1-6-1-7-2000-MINTEX-BRAKE-DISCS-PADS-ABS-/220543739108?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33596e64e4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Easy enough to fit yourself, or an hour of garage time.

:eek:k:

Back