30mm Spacers - Anyone else interested

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamsclio1

Spoke to friend of mine today and he reckons we'll be able to make up the 30mm rear spacers (same as press cars) :D

Hopefully before the end of next two weeks we will have made a set for mine, once there done I'll upload some photos, will be happy to make some for others if there is enough interest not sure on price as yet but not out to make money. Ok perhaps i'll charge cost price plus the price of a pint per set :wink:

David

I would be interested!

Do you know if they will be OK with the bolts that are already on there? Or do they need longer ones?

Cheers!

L8FRP said:
What material will they be made from mate?

Friend just spoke to metal supplier and they provide Aluminium 6082-T6 high tensile.

Can anyone clarify if that is strong enough Alloy, it is used in Aero Space so we shouldn't see a problem / or does anyone know what the original spacers are made from and we can endeavour to use the same alloy material.

Based on 6082-T6 Alloy initial price will be in the region of £37.50 + postage per pair for batches of ten

Based on 6082-T6 Alloy initial price will be in the region of £45.00 + postage per pair for batches of five

So I'll start the list please add names below if you would like a set , please note payment will be required upfront once either 5 or 10 person batch is met.

1. David

David

From what i've read T6 is the strongest grade of 6082, i really can't see it being an issue for a spacer.

Put me in for a set.

t6 is the heat treatment iirc and the number refers to the alloy (generally how much silicon etc) iirc (been a while since iv had to remember my uni lectures!) dont get much chance to use it at work :-(

il do some measuring but might want a set. im running et15 8inch wheels so arches are pretty full already.

jacko said:
t6 is the heat treatment iirc and the number refers to the alloy (generally how much silicon etc) iirc (been a while since iv had to remember my uni lectures!) dont get much chance to use it at work :-(

il do some measuring but might want a set. im running et15 8inch wheels so arches are pretty full already.

Thanks Jacko, after other info i found that info would lead me to say yes that exactly right, good memory.

Ok let me know, if it helps not sure if it will but don't see a problem with knocking up a different size one for example 25mm

David

To answer Vortex's question:

BurfyBoy on RPOC said:
Hi All,

Bit of info for those of you who are going this route...

Below is the info for the bolts you will require (8 off), they are M10 x 60 Partially Threaded, Hex Head Bolts, 10.9 grade. I would strongly advise you use these and not a lesser grade etc... 8)

file.php

Ok all they have arrived Kev's done a fantastic job, there to the nearest 1000th of a mm :D

Sorry for poor photos
DSC03002.jpg

DSC03005.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

DSC03002.jpg

DSC03002.jpg

As we think were likely to sell more on the Fiesta clubs we'll sell them at £37.50 and charge £2.50 for postage just to keep it simple.

If you want to Private Message me I will supply the bank account details for direct payments, please include Postal address details.

Turn around should be no more than a couple of weeks, hope that suits everyone. If you need sooner please just let me know and I'll endeavour to get them sent out sooner.

David

Hot Wheels wrote:Say would the A,B,S, sensor need altering or would this cause a problem due to the spacers being wider cheers.

That did cross my mind tbh, however I measured mine up and there's plenty of slack :D

Spoke to Kev earlier he informs me he has made 11 sets, 5 people have now paid leaving 6 sets still for sale.

I intend to post the spacers off on Wednesday morning to those that have paid, so expect delivery towards the end of the week.

David

They are rear beam spacers, they go between the spindle and the beam at the back of the car, to increase the rear track. They were used on the FRP press cars (early cars loaned to the press) to make them look better.

djsounds02 said:
sorry to be thick but what are these for!!:D

Have a read here, this is how the narrower ones are fitted to a standard Puma/Fiesta:

http://www.zippyracing.co.uk/axlespacers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok first 5 packed up and ready for posting.

IMG_2085.jpg

Sorry for slight delay, busy few days of work at the end of last week and mate moved in to mine over weekend so didnt get chance to post them.

David

Back