451? looks like it's in need of rescue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Just turned up on eBay yesterday after being off the road since 2013, 80k miles and needs to be trailered due to it's current condition.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-racing-puma-/172298013295?hash=item281dc30a6f:g:6xoAAOSwU-pXp5Za

Looks like a member on here owns(owned) it, stanley123 had it back in 2010.

Odd. Failed MOT on 12 March 2013 the mileage was - 97,107 miles. 3 days later on the pass MOT it was down to 86,382 miles.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

And the front panel and strut tops are the wrong colour....

XAF said:
[post]355292[/post] And the front panel and strut tops are the wrong colour....

I was just about to post the same thing. Ours needed serious work but were nowhere near the condition of this one. I wonder what the reserve is?

XAF said:

Nope, this is a former press car, FMC21 remanifolded 0451. Very early VIN and registered initially V710JPU along side the 8 other press and early production JPUs

Interesting thing, MOT history is a shame and I'd second Chris' valuation of £2k and not much more as to get it right will be of course no small job.

Watching with interest.

Ian G said:
[post]355307[/post]
XAF said:

Nope, this is a former press car, FMC21 remanifolded 0451. Very early VIN and registered initially V710JPU along side the 8 other press and early production JPUs

Interesting thing, MOT history is a shame and I'd second Chris' valuation of £2k and not much more as to get it right will be of course no small job.

Watching with interest.

Good shout Ian, even more of a shame it's in the state it's in

Possible that the mileage was entered incorrectly on the fail notice? The rest of the increases seem quite consistent.

Would be great to see it rescued but it does need some serious loving.

The last MOT was 2013, Fail says 97k, the pass says 86k...and the advert in 2016 says 82k Has he been driving a lot in reverse or is it called 'Christine' ? :grin: :grin: :grin:

PhilLew said:
The last MOT was 2013, Fail says 97k, the pass says 86k...and the advert in 2016 says 82k Has he been driving a lot in reverse or is it called 'Christine' ? :grin: :grin: :grin:

He was questioned on the mileage discrepancy. I don't think his answer makes much sense though.

Hi sorry about that i was trying to find things. The current mileage is 86k i made a mistake
when entering details.i have the following mots with mileage.
03 04 35941
04 05 44778
05 06 58105
06 07 66888
07 08 68051
09 10 69074
10 11 80832
11 12 82921
13 14 86382
hope this helps

Two scary things:

a) That someone can be that inept at taking photos, and then still upload them to eBay. They look like that have been taken with a hidden camera on their person, in a rush.

b) That something that much of a heap can be valued more than £3.5k by the owner. With the evidence of visible rot, and the knowledge of what can lie beneath on a 'New Edge' chassis, you'd have to judge it based on breaking value only, then take into account that most of the breaking value is diminished as the value parts look shagged.

Well someone won it last night for £4,022 - hopefully they turn up here and we can see how it turns out :D

red said:
[post]355517[/post] £4,022 - hopefully they turn up here
That could be embarrassing, what do you say to them? 'Did the trailer turn up on time' or something? :)

I reckon this was bought by a dealer on the make, I can't see any end user paying 4 grand for that.

I can't understand why anyone would pay that much for something that, according to the dvla checker, has been clocked. :pinkeye:

ArtfulHussy said:
[post]355524[/post] I can't understand why anyone would pay that much for something that, according to the dvla checker, has been clocked. :pinkeye:

Shill bidding, probably

Shill bidding happens when anyone—including family, friends, roommates, employees, or online connections—bids on an item with the intent to artificially increase its price or desirability.

Latest posts

Back