#559 took part in an Auto Solo yesterday.....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PussCat

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVxpSynCSA[/youtube]

He had fun :D

There was noone else in his class so it's hard to say how he did, lol.... but he did get faster each time ;)

That looks like great fun!

Anyone know some flat area somewhere? I'll provide the cones! Puma meet!

Dal said:
That looks like great fun!

Anyone know some flat area somewhere? I'll provide the cones! Puma meet!

Exactly! Watching that video makes me think how fun it'd be, especially if pumas were RWD 8)

I found out about this event through the local car club W&DMC they talked me into doing it, because it’s probably the lowest risk motorsport and cheapest to do I decided I’d give it ago. The hardest part, well it is first thing on a Sunday morning, is to find the way around the track. If you get it wrong or hit a cone you get a time penalty so that ruined my overall times for the day. Once I learned the track I was between 2-4 seconds a lap quicker each time. The FRP handling is great didn’t lift a wheel like some outer cars, but it was hard to position the car to get it to flow around each corner, you know the turning circle of a FRP.

So this was my first taste of entering a MSA event and a cheap fun one at that, if anyone fancies a go join a local car club and see what they do. No overalls, helmet, gloves or boots needed, generally run at truck stops (well they are in my area) you need to drive the car to the event and take MOT, insurance etc and have a tax disc the MSA scrutineer will check your car over.

Would have been easier in a narrow arched Puma :p

Were the skidding sounds dubbed on or were they from a different car?

Does #559 have an LSD?

re the skidding sounds - there was another AutoTest going on in the background, lol... that's why some of the tyre screeching doesn't match what Dunk's doing!

And no, #559 doesn't have LSD - yet.

That looked like a right laugh, love to try something like that, if i could afford the tyres :)

DradusContact said:
That looked like a right laugh, love to try something like that, if i could afford the tyres :)

Exactly. Ideally you want a huge open, smooth area when it's been raining a bit. Plenty of sliding but your tyres remain un-hurt! :D Lift-off oversteer= :-D

S'what the spare sets in the shed are waiting for is this..lol

It cost me £25 to do this, would have been £20 if iv'e had booked it earlier and £7 to join one of the other local clubs who where runing it.
As for tyre wear i did 10 runs that lasted about a 1 min so not to bad.

PussCat said:
re the skidding sounds - there was another AutoTest going on in the background, lol... that's why some of the tyre screeching doesn't match what Dunk's doing!

And no, #559 doesn't have LSD - yet.

Ah OK...I thought it sounded a bit odd!

Hmmm...LSD, the must have accessory for the FRP, provided you need it, so to speak... :p

That looks awesome but i could never remember the layout of the track so id be complete sh*t at getting a good lap time :'( (also im probably not as good a driver than i like to think i am) :funny:

The club we're 'almost' members of is looking at organising an AutoSolo sometime soon..... been speaking to one of the guys there and he says if it's a success he'd be happy to extend an invitation to you puma owners for the next time! Only thing is you'd have to join Warrington and District Motor Club so they'd be covered (public-liability-wise) for the event....

If anyone would be interested, I'll see what happens, and then let you know :)

So - would any of you be interested?? It'd be held somewhere near Warrington ;)

Id have a go if i could get the time off work :thumbs:

WARRINGTON?!?!?! :shock:

ROOOOOAAAADDD TRRRRIIIIPPP!!!!! :cheer:

Yeah im near workington, been through Warrington a few times. its nearly all motorway though so not really that bad

yup I know - my mum lives up there :)

dead easy drive - A66 to Penrith, M6 to Warrington!

To get back on topic though, I think they normally run AutoSolo events on a Sunday.....

Latest posts

Back