7J+ wheels

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt69420567TT

Hi guys. Quick question. Can i fit 7.5J and more wheels without spacers or are the spacers a must? ET is 35. Have you tried it? Problems ets? Thanks for response.

Hi, I found the below information elsewhere on the site.

TGPlayer1 said:
Well the FRP wheels are 17x7.5J with ET25 (99% sure that's right) and they sit perfectly flush with standard arches. If you want to go to 8J and want to keep them flush then minimum ET of 30 is required, but you have to be wary of rubbing on the inside when going wide. Have a play around on http://www.willtheyfit.com and see what comes up.

Hi

I run Focus ST 170 wheels with 205/40/17 tyres. I also run 30 mm HR hubcentric spacers front and rear, you will need these spacers with the ST wheels, the bearings only load up the equivalent of 16mm spacers. Over the past eight years there has been no problems with the wheel bearings. I have also fitted the equivalent of the FRP springs. I have had no issues what so ever with this set up.
Focus ST wheels are genuine ford, they are reasonably cheap and they add a period look, if that's what you are after. Photos of the car are on my project thread. My Puma.

Regards
Richard

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi

I run Focus ST 170 wheels with 205/40/17 tyres. I also run 30 mm HR hubcentric spacers front and rear, you will need these spacers with the ST wheels, the bearings only load up the equivalent of 16mm spacers. Over the past six years there has been no problems with the wheel bearings. I have also fitted the equivalent of the FRP springs. I have had no issues what so ever with this set up.
Focus ST wheels are genuine ford, they are reasonably cheap and they add a period look, if that's what you are after. Photos of the car are on my project thread. My Puma.

Regards
Richard

Your spacers Richard had these :
Patern: 4x108
Center: 63,3
System: DRA60 Syst.2
Width per spacer: 30mm
Per axl: 60mm

That's correct. I used H&R. This style

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374177710784?hash=item571ebac2c0:g:rMoAAOSwZbRdH0Oq&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwPi%2BOWlIRk2WMBr

I could not find the exact H&R ones I used.
Regards Richard

Back