A goodbye before I got started!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audio84

Hey guys,

I've been on this forum on and off for a few years, looking to get my Puma. I had a huge list going and a lot of plans and ambitions for the car - but sadly I won't be getting the puma that I wanted.

Reason being is that I've just bought a Toyota Celica VVTi 140bhp for an offer that I couldn't refuse! I test drove the puma and the celica and found that the toyota felt a bit better for myself I wouldn't have to spend money doing rear disc conversions, dash backlit conversions, different alloy wheels, lowering etc, as I would have needed to do with the puma. Yeah this will still be my project, but the majority of it is all there.

Here she is:
sillycar.jpg

You guys have been absolutely fantastic, and no doubt I'll keep checking the forum from time to time!

All the best :)

- Geraint

Hmmmmmm

I have driven both and the Toyota just doesn't have the dynamics I'm afraid - even compared to a standard 1.7 without all the mods you listed.

But I am sure you will enjoy it, and Toyota are pretty bomb proof.

hmm - I have also driven the Toyota and preferred the puma (Toyota was great in straight lines, that was about it)

it is down to personal preference though and I am sure you will have a lot of pleasure from yours

don't be a stranger!

again... driven both and the puma was a better drivers car, the only celica i would choose over the puma is the 180bhp version, the extra power is enough to set it apart

Sorry to be another douchebag in the "tried a Celica, preferred the Puma" camp.

You'll be back! :-D

Another 'tried the Ceiica' comment here (and I've tried a lot of Celica's over the years). Definitely prefer the Puma, but the Celica is still a great car and is a pretty design. Oh and it's likely to be as reliable as a Puma too!

This was my second choice, chain trimming belt was very attractive but my heart was set on the pumas curve appeal.

I am sure it will be an enjoyable purchase, enjoy it.

Thanks guys :)

It's simply phenomenal to drive. I'd love to stick around though as you all seem brilliant - I could even come to the next meet if I'd be allowed lol!

Awesome :) Can't make it on Saturday, but I'll be keeping an eye on the forum to see when the next meet is!

Damn my pumas not ready for saturday grrrr, do you all just do sheffield? new i should of stayed in yorkshire grrrr again :roll:

Latest posts

Back