A lot of oil!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can appreciate it's a design classic but the E Type never done it for me. Much rather have something like a Mustang if i'm honest. Do like the Jag Mk2 though.

A very good friend has a Series 1.5 E-Type - gunmetal grey with red leather interior. He's hammered it around Europe a few times now, I think. A couple of years ago we went down the Shelsley Walsh for their Classic Nostalgia wekend - he in the E-Type, me in my Puma. As the event ended he asked if MrsT.66 and I wanted to go back to his for a coffee. Knowing he'd just moved house I said I'd follow him as I knew he lived in the middle of the Cheshire countryside. We set off - and once past Birmingham he floored it. It was quite a sight to see this little 1960s coupe thundering up the (thankfully quiet) M6... with me in somewhat hot pursuit in case I lost him. Found out 1)the Puma can carry some speed, and 2) the E-Type is certainly faster (of course). He's just had a major rebuilt on it after discovering that most of the wings are actually filler - very-well repaired, but still filler - probably done in the 1990 when the cars weren't worth what they are now. At least the Puma is in good company with having some bodywork/structural issues. :lol:

It would certainly be a tough call to decide either to have a late 60s fastback Mustang or E-Type.

Do you have to use specific oils for these still, or is the modern stuff OK?

Latest posts

Back