A result!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerdave

Took my 1996 Ford Ka for mot yesterday.Its done 125k miles never been welded and passed with couple of advisories.Examiner said it must be earliest roadworthy Ka left and he can’t remember when he last tested any early Ka that had zero corrosion issues.Well pleased :grin:

That's unbelievable, the Ka is about as notorious for rust as the Puma. My sister in law has had two and both had some level of rust.

Original Ka was a really well designed, cheap little motor. I had one and loved it. Ford missed the point with the new one. Too premium.

The 3rd shape is just a bit run of the mill, I'm not sure I'm keen on it at all. For me the 1st gen is getting a bit tired looking with the exception of the SportKA and the 2nd gen is currently my favourite.

Loved mine - ML02YXA. Showing on Cazana at 37,576 miles, which is odd as I had it for 10 years and did over 100,000 miles in it. I think they are a classic design and brilliantly packaged (more room in for 4 adults than the Puma or current generation MINI). That old Endura engine was a bit wheezy, though, and mine was rusting at various points by the time it was replaced with, er, a rusting Puma. I remember chatting to an ex-Ford chap who said they used to have fields of the bodyshells in Spain waiting to go onto the production line - but not painted, so already unprotected from the elements. They seem to be disappearing off the roads at a staggering rate, though.

An ex of mine had a StreetKa. Great looking thing and good to drive, but had a terrible thirsty engine and was clearly built down to a price.

Neil said:
[post]367807[/post] An ex of mine had a StreetKa. Great looking thing and good to drive, but had a terrible thirsty engine and was clearly built down to a price.

In a way, I suppose all Fords are. I remember reading that during the early production of the Model T, Henry Ford asked Dunlop (I think it was) so supply the tyres in wooden crates with holes drilled in the sides at specific points to help with moving/loading/unloading the crates. It was lie - he re-used the wooden crates in the build process of the cars, and needed the holes pre-drilled to save him time doing it in his own factory!

I can't remember the last time I saw a StreetKa. Quite liked the style of them with the hard-top fitted - like a mini Audi TT. Oh, and Kylie was used in the advertisments, of course. Yum yum. :oops:

Latest posts

Back