Aarons Track Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't do that one unfortunately, off to wembley to see Froch vs Groves :grin:
Plans are to do one every 6 weeks until September (hopefully) no doubt will see you at circuit soon

Wrapped the manifold and fitted today and once the smoke cleared I took it for a spin, I thought it popped and crackled before but it sounds awesome now. Also fitted the redstuff pads which seem better but still bedding them in, will look at booking my next track day next week.

Got another set of wheels last week and fitted Nankang semi slick tyres, downsized to 15" so I had to grind the calipers a little but fit nicely I think

I am very impressed with them I haven't used them on the track yet but i can already tell the improvement, the car turns into corners so much better and the dry grip is superb. I wanted R888s but these were so cheap at £56 they were worth the gamble, and so far :thumbs:

Yeah deffo, it seems to rev more freely especially mid range and it sounds awesome, highly recommend getting one.

Small update, going to croft on Thursday and wanted to make sure that my brakes don't cook so I have bought some brake ducts

Took advantage of this small bumper detail

Removed bumper and cut out rubber trim

Used some tec7 to seal any gaps and trimes the fabric arch to feed the 2" pipe to direct air to the brakes

And after an hour or so you wouldn't know it was there

In theory it should work but will find out Thursday

Those brake ducts look fantastic! Was thinking about how we could do this on ours.

Out of interest, where did you get the brake ducts from?

I was looking at doing a s1600 type but this is nice and discrete. I got them from JJC race and rally, there is loads available on the web but chose these ones due to size 152x51 if I remember rightley.

never had a problem with brake fade in the Puma and I'm running standard Mintex all round. I could do with upgrading though to some 300mm

Really enjoyed Croft yesterday, brilliant track to go to if you can.
The brakes ducts worked really well with the redstuff 300mm conversion (noobrider would deffo suggest this set up), didn't get much footage or pics as my phone run out of memory :-(

Lap of croft, managed to shave another 3 seconds off by the end of the day. The nankang NS2-Rs semi slicks were fantastic, a great cheap alternative to R888s.
http://youtu.be/iQ6SPueum7I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice lap, car is going well. Was planning on Croft at some point but may have run out of time this year.

Looking good. Should be doing the 2 rally at Croft over the winter as it's just down the road.

Cheers guys, croft is a good fast flowing track that does need a good handling car. Only downfall is the car could do with a bit more power on the straights, been looking at getting some upgraded camshafts but don't no wether to get new or to get mine reprofilled. I spent 9 laps behind an atom (that wasn't being pushed hard) and he kept getting away on the straights, through the corners I caught up so much then we got to another straight and it started again. I came into the pits and went back out a second quicker not being held up.

always the case, after every trackday I think the same thing, if I just had an extra 50bhp....

been putting a wish list together to get that extra 50bhp. LMS stage 3 cams, ported and polished head, lightened flywheel and a modified air intake all remapped in on the rolling road....cost a fortune but its a wish list and I can do some of it.

The puma always outperforms a lot of cars in the corners and it does sometimes spoil your enjoyment when you get some idiot that is getting mullered through the bends but has the extra oomph to leave you on the straights, you end up stuck behind them for ages and end up being much slower.

I so echo that. Every time I come off the circuit I yearn for more power but then think off how good these cars are in the corners, I would be happy with another 20bhp to help out on the straights. I don't know what mine is running at because never been on a rolling road but it just needs that little bit extra and without costing 1000's

Back