Aarons Track Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
an extra 20 bhp.. you might struggle with that without spending a fair amount of money.

NOS is the cheapest option but a full tank wouldnt last long on track

I have a spare Puma cylinder head, going to have a look at porting and polishing it myself with a side by side rolling road comparison and look at making an LMS style intake manifold - a mate of mine with a rolling road can do the remaps....lets see what I can come up with on a very tight budget....will take while though and a bit Heat Robinson....

Been looking into getting my camshafts reprofilled which should give me an extra 10 and with a new map and a good service should breath abit more life into the engine. If I fitted nos I don't think it would last that long on the track so will put that on the back burner for the mo but still a possibility. I will wait and see your results noobrider on port & polishing, could be a future upgrade.

Noobrider said:
I have a spare Puma cylinder head, going to have a look at porting and polishing it myself with a side by side rolling road comparison and look at making an LMS style intake manifold - a mate of mine with a rolling road can do the remaps....lets see what I can come up with on a very tight budget....will take while though and a bit Heat Robinson....

I think given what people are after on the forum your plans are what people are after that is if your going to offer your services. A cheaper alternative manifold can only be a good thing as I am sure there is the market for a few suppliers.

I am a mechanic running a garage with a fair amount of knowledge but I'm not a designer or manufacturer and wouldn't really dream of selling anything I made - however I am willing to share my designs, measurements etc for people wanting to try themselves. Like I said, it will be 10% knowledge and 90% luck with a bit of trial and error thrown in.

Not much done to the car recently apart from a new FIA rated seat and 3" harness and hopefullly get another trackday booked in soon

Nice seat. I've got Cadwell at the end of this month but I'm also planning Blyton Park on 23rd November if your interested - through Javelin

The blyton one is tempting me, also saving for a rollcage so will see how the budget is looking closer to the time.

Now that most of the winter is behind us it's time to get the car ready for the spring and most importantly track time.
First off, rust! Last year started to notice bits underneath that needed attention and after being in a cold garage for three months it hasn't got any better

So sent it to my friends at VC Restorations to have a spot or two of welding done and also treated it to new brake lines and a good under coat to keep any further rust abay. The arches need doing again but will wait for warmer weather for that. VC also replaced the brake fluid for ATE super blue and I fitted yellow stuff pads today and they are phenomenal, can't wait to get back on track!

http://vcrestorations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Aaron,
last year I had Michelin Pilot Sport 3`s on, which were pretty good.

But not semi-slicks!

I`m on a soo tight budget and am about to blow a mint on some coil-overs!
So am interested where you found the NS-2R`s at that price..
Cheers, Stu..

I got them from mytyres.com but their eBay page as they had a 20% discount at the time for those tyres. They are a good tyre very grippy but have soft tyre wall in the 195/50/15 (like pilot sports), I entered want 2 race last year driving a Ginetta G40 with pilot sports on, so if you are used to a soft side wall and abit of flex in your tyre they will be fine. One day when I have some budget I will bite the bullet and buy some new R888 or R888Rs.

I was chatting with the lads tonight, We`re a gang of 4 Ford nuts who trackday regularly, more the merrier is what they were saying..
When theres a couple of cars together, it`s great on track.
you know, not racing or anything...

Definatley not racing ....... Just looked at the list of cars that are going and looks like a good mixture.

I wouldn`t get into any racing at a trackday. the chance of a huge accident kinda puts me off. No professional drivers. No ARDS test rules, no marshaling of race etiquette.
Nah, tooo dangerous.

Nothing wrong with a bit of follow me/follow you between friends.
As long as your not being a dick, I dont think trackday organisers have a problem with people being out on the track, having fun in groups. I supopose its down to how you are driving. They do have black flags...

Trackdays rules are there to adhered to. I get so wound up when people turn up and think they are above the rules, it always ends with black flags or even worse red, spoils the day for the people that just want to go there an enjoy driving their car the way it can be in a controlled area. There is a big difference between racing and having some freindly track time. Great pic by the way

Got myself a cheap second hand pair of wheels so I can now have semi slick or T1R choice on track days, that's if they fit over my 300mm conversion :?

Well they didn't fit, unless I ground more off the calipers which I didn't want to do. So here we go again, another eBay bargain at £50 and yes they do fit :clap:

Also fitted some canards, probably no benefit but I think they look the part

TSW Venoms.

Soooooo 90s. But i was toying with the idea of getting some myself for the bants bants bants.

Back