AArrgh! Stupid window.....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puman Being

Bought my Puma about 3 weeks ago,
driving it home i realised the passenger window would not go back up (i put it half way down,but from then on it wouldn't go up or down)
Today i took it to a garage to get a window regulator fitted which i bought from fee-bay.
Goes to pick it up tonight and he says it goes down but sometimes it wont go back up :twisted:
looks as if ive paid for a regulator + fitting which didnt need doing!

Could it be a faulty switch? if so which door is it likey to be,is one directly wired through the other?
or could it be something else entirely?

Thanks in advance :D

Does it fail in the same way if you use either switch?

I.e. the passenger side or the drivers side?

Maybe the motor is just shagged?
(S'what it sounds like to me)

red said:
Does it fail in the same way if you use either switch?

I.e. the passenger side or the drivers side?

It seems that way yes,scared to play about with it now till i get some new switches in case i cant get it back up again.... (even though,of course it may not be the switches after all )

Maybe the motor is just shagged?
(S'what it sounds like to me)

The whole regulator + attached motor was changed

When it stops does it sound like it's still trying to go up and down?

Maybe the mechanism that the glass sits on is getting stuck?

red said:
When it stops does it sound like it's still trying to go up and down?

Maybe the mechanism that the glass sits on is getting stuck?

Im not sure,ive ordered some new switches,ill see if they do the trick

vickydink said:
all puma windows are gay, mine keeps dropping...electrics dont even work!! :(

Not as gay as the horn! thats the next thing to replace,im too embarrassed to use it! :oops:

When your window drops,how do you get it back up?

FINALLY sorted it!!!!!
ACE!

would you believe i had to change BOTH door switches,
Then the passenger switch wouldnt work,
bought another,hey presto,the 3rd passenger switch i bought worked
are these window switches prone to failure or was i just unlucky?!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

There are a few I've heard of that go, but not that common I think.

Glad it's sorted though :)

Echo the glad it's sorted.

Indeed, seems like they fail sporadically, but not overly common as far as I know.

Useful to note though :)

:oops: Puma windows are notorious for failing but there are various remedies. The first is to make sure that the glass runs in the door runners correctly and easily. Auto shops carry silicon lubricants to help. If the window slides ok its the regulator. The regulator cable runs in a sleeve a bit like a bike cable. Disconnect the regulator and drive it up and down while spraying the cable with a good quality lubricant, you will be amazed at the colour of the expelled lubricant. reassemble and spray liberally with lubricant all the moving parts. If you tighten the two screws from the regulator lift to the window again this will impede the operation. I left mine slightly slack and the window aligns now perfectly and goes up and down perfectly. The switches fail because when the window sticks (ussually raising) the contacts draw too many amps and fuse the inards of the switch. :p

Our one failed as the connector had slightly fallen out of the switch assembly. It's certainly easier to check the switch is ok before taking the door apart. 10 years worth of "up and down" can wear out the copper contacts in the switch.

Welcome to Projectpuma as well Johnnymrt :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back