ABS sensor? (i hope)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimmyhill

I have an intermittent issue with my ABS, it can all function fine but on occasion you can hear the pump grinding away when not on brakes and again occasionally when light braking it goes off.

Im hoping its just a sensor, i have a feeling its the front left - i had a stone lodged between the tone wheel and calliper a while back and i wonder if it has damaged that sensor?

If it is the case, do i need OE sensors - they look easy enough to fit so will be part only?

Give them a clean first, people have solved problems by doing so.

Sorry don't know about fitting etc but don't imagine it's the hardest thing.

Sounds more like you've damaged the tone wheel, usually a problem with the ABS sensors will bring the warning lights on

Peter said:
Sounds more like you've damaged the tone wheel, usually a problem with the ABS sensors will bring the warning lights on

I do get the warning lights on, just sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes the abs lights come on after a while of the noises.

So it can either be;

No warning lights and ABS working as it should
Fails initial test and lights perma on
Passes test but get some odd grinding from pump and feel in pedal but no lights
Does above and then puts lights on

easy enough to change 15 mins!! just got to take the wheel off and you will see the sensor follow the cable unplug it then undo the nut/allen bolt on the sensor and wiggle it out (can be tough sometimes!!) clean the area, screw new one in then plug in put the sensor wire back in the clips to protect it from the wheel put the wheel back on!! have cup tea :thumbs:

If you haven't had the sensor out lately I can guarantee the bolt will round off, so bit some Irwin bolt removers first

Back