ABS

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e3silversurfer

I think ABS is a complete shit...... bloody stepped on the brakes (10mph) and wheels locked at the round about. abs kicked in and puma continued to move onto the round about.... good thing the truck stop... otherwise, it would be bye bye puma....

released the brake and re applied but abs kicked in again ... bastard..... <_< think i might disable the bloody abs....

Surely the lesson is that if the ABS is kicking in you're driving too fast given the grip levels available?

yup ive just had the same probs coing home from college nearly went in to a range rover....

Don't stomp on your ABS brakes when it's snow / ice on the roads. Adapt your technique so you use the system to best effect:

If you drive on icy roads or roads that are covered with snow, modify your ABS technique: After you "Stomp" and the ABS begins cycling — you will feel pulses in the pedal or hear the system working — ease up slightly on the pedal until the pulsing happens only once a second.

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/safety" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ticle.html

e3silversurfer said:
I think ABS is a complete shit...... bloody stepped on the brakes (10mph) and wheels locked at the round about. abs kicked in and puma continued to move onto the round about

And if you didn't have the abs then the wheels would have locked completely and you'd have slid faster and further into the roundabout.

Peter speaks the truth

ABS is right more often than its wrong. I wouldnt turn it off. You got plenty of grip on your tyres? Maybe it was a patch of diesel or something.

ABS is like having a soothing foot massage when it judders on the pedal lol.
Big grips and slow speed win the day !

Yeah I nearly went into the back of a Peugeot this morning too. Lucky I lifted off a bit and shifted down a couple so managed to stop quick enough.

Bloody hate these icy conditions sometimes.

My ABS has kicked in a few times in the past few days, and the back end seems to be trying to overtake the front every so often lol.

ABS can hinder in the conditions at the moment!

Also make sure your tyre pressures are good.

Some people dont know that it could be 3 points per tyre under inflated.

Back