Adjusted throttle cable, pedal still slack

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clavfunk75

The throttle pedal on our car is woefully slack. I could lift up the pedal about 2-3 inches and it feels unsafe if I'm honest. I followed the adjustment procedure, I removed clip, pedal down, and pulled on ridge part but there was no slack on the cable to be found to take up the slack on the pedal.

I can feel up to the top of tne pedal where the throttle cable is attached to the arm with the rubber stop. And there is loose cable currently with the pedal at rest. if I pull the cable through from the other side of the pedal arm, it pulls the pedal up to the correct height.

Am I not pulling hard enough at the indicated point in the adjustment procedure where the clip is or something?

Not sure what to try next.

leave the pedal alone...remove clip, pull cable through (ie away from pedal towards front of car) reclip, should do it I think, sure theres a bit of info missing there but cant recall how I did mine and cannot look under the bonnet of mine at the moment to check properly

Yes that's what I tried, plus having the pedal pressed down as described in tne guide during the pulling through. I'll have another look tomorrow

Latest posts

Back