Adrian Flux

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a question for you Dan...

My policy is for a modified Puma.. 17" wheels. If I put my std 15" puma wheels on, will that invalidate my insurance?

??

Dal said:
Here's a question for you Dan...

My policy is for a modified Puma.. 17" wheels. If I put my std 15" puma wheels on, will that invalidate my insurance?

??

I doubt very much that any policy would be invalidated if you replace modified wheels back to the standard ones, however i would advise the insurer so the records are updated.

Dan.

Well my insurance is with Adrian Flux (Via NIG I think as underwriters) so I'd just have to give you / them a quick call to advise them? I'm guessing they'd take a nice £20 fee for the adjustment?

Heres one im curious about. If you do something that makes your car safer, ie fitting better brakes, why does your policy go up?

Because it's away from original specification that the car was tested with regardless of the actual safety improvement from the upgrade.

I assume it's something to do with that it's not retested for safety standard etc and hence there could be risk involved with upgrading these components.

As well as the natural assumption "Why do you need bigger brakes? Are you going faster to need them?"

Because the insurance company assumes you will use the modification in full and so assume if you uprate the brakes you will just drive faster, closer to other cars etc. They also assume that if you modify cars you are more liable to be an entusiastic driver. In reality it just means they use any old excuse to get more money from you.

DradusContact said:
Heres one im curious about. If you do something that makes your car safer, ie fitting better brakes, why does your policy go up?

I once tried to argue that I chipped my car to make it more efficient and to save fuel (a lot of chip manufacturers still claim this). Is this the real reason people chip cars?

I guess you could say you fitted a bodykit to improve aerodynamics to save fuel too :p

No one is that naïve these days :p

ok so i lied...i found the paperwork Adrian Flux sent and i was quoted £389 fully comp with all my mods being milltek cat back, non standard aloys and the spoiler....this quote is just over 200 less than what im paying!!! ooooooh :)

Latest posts

Back