AEM F/IC piggyback ecu. Anyone fitted one to a puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob1679

Anyone any experience of the AEM 1910-30 fuel / ignition piggyback ecu?
Weighing up fuelling options for some engine mods I'm considering (supercharger or throttle bodies) and it's either full standalone, think the emerald from lighting has been quoted on here at £1295 + vat, seen a few cars with fifth injector and rising rate regulators and that's not something I want to fit and then there's this AEM piggyback, now if does what it says on the tin it should be ideal for what I want - original ecu controlling cam timing and use AEM to tune fuel/air ratio.
For what it costs (£300) I'm looking at fitting one to my 1.7 , gain some knowledge of it before fitting a supercharger or bodies or both!
Any thoughts or experience?

this is something i looked into when i did my supercharger conversion but decided to do it the pikey way until i was ready to go for full management. ive got no experience with them but from what i researched they seem pretty simple. there are some cheaper piggyback ecus out there so if you were unsure and didnt want to stump out that much cash on punt, a cheaper one could be an option, save you losing out too much if it wasnt upto the job.

I've followed your build and another member on here called mrmechanix but he used a M45 from a mini instead of the merc one which is probably the unit I'll use.
Got to get a suitable M45 , get the air con pump off then get my head around mounting it. Now the weathers getting a bit better it's crawl around the drive time!!.

just to fore warn you, ill be selling mine in a couple of months as im upgrading to m62! will come with all mounts and flanges to mount it. ill also be selling my 5th injector and FPR as im hoping to get it on microsquirt at the same time.

No , I didn't , Im just driving the wheels off it at the moment , ive got a set of gsxr 1000 k1 bodies mounted on a cut down 1.7 inlet that I want to fit with a worked head and a set of cams that are one step up from the FRP ones in at the moment.
I really want the plug and play emerald ECU but I've got a feeling that going from an efficient FRP spec engine to something thats a bit peaky and heavier on fuel may ruin it, there , never thought I'd say it - Less is More.

Oh right, I'm looking for an fic 6 to support my turbo build, but it puts me off that there all from the states and I don't know how to pay/ calculate import costs too

I agree with you, an frp spec as a daily would be fine, but if your going bodies it'll make daily a lot less comfortable, in drive and pocket :)

Back