aerial base question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommo1051

Hi,
Quick question re aerial base..
My Puma -luv it- had no roof aerial when I bought it, and base looked a bit rough. So wifey went out and got hold of a 'universal' aerial from Halfords and I ordered a new base with this week's pocket money. Now then, the thread on the 'universal' base is too big for the mast. However, the mast did come with a double-ended thread attachment which would fit both the mast and the base if the thread can be removed from the base. Anyone know if this is possible? I don't want to take a pair of pliers to the thread on the base and end up ruining it.
If not I'll be sending my better ( and frankly bigger ) half back out the shops until she gets it right! :grin:

Have you thought checking out the breakers for a Puma or a Fiesta MK4/5 for a full aerial? Or ask Ian.G one of our resident Puma parts dealer who will gladly help you. Halfords is too expensive for parts.

Welcome to Project Puma!!

Good shout, but I've already got the new base. Maybe if I can get Halfords to refund for the aerial I'll give it a go.
Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome Hewy.

Back