Air Con! Engine Cutting Out.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper65

Noticed in the last few days that when the Air Con is switched on the car won't idle, I'm having to catch the revs to stop it from stalling? once the aircon is switched off everything is fine again.

The only thing I have done different is disconnect the Battery the other week for a good hour while I replaced the thermostate hose clip.

I'm having the same problem aswell, although mine is intermittent. haven't got round to tracing the cause though.

I was hopeing somone on the site has sorted this in the past. I'm thinking it had somthing to do with when I disconnected the Battery? the Aircon was on when I reconnected it! perhaps when this cleared the memory the aircon should have been switched off while the car resets itself? I have no idea just guessing.....

When you disconnected the battery did you start the car and let it idle for 5-10 minutes? if you didn't then thats the problem, the ECU needs to learn how the car idles, disconnect battery for 30 minutes, reconnect and do this.

pumapilot said:
When you disconnected the battery did you start the car and let it idle for 5-10 minutes? if you didn't then thats the problem, the ECU needs to learn how the car idles, disconnect battery for 30 minutes, reconnect and do this.

I did for a good 10 mins but the Aircon was left on when it was idling, I'm thinking this may well have been what the ECU has picked up during the idling session.

I'll disconnect the battery again for a while and see if it cures it :thumbs:..

ScubaSteve said:
may well be the old case of broken wire to the PAS pressure sender plug

where abouts is this located steve? I'll have a quick look while I disconnect the battery :thumbs:.

under the car from the front look towards the drivers side wheel you will see a white plastic plug going into the PAS lines with two wires coming from it, common for these to corrode and break which messes up the idling

Back