Air Con/Thermostat Issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue or might have an idea to what's causing it/what I need to do etc

For some reason my air con only wants to blow out cold air (which has been great considering it's winter... :roll: ) However when the engine is at optimum, if I get the revs up to 5k all of a sudden a blast of heat will come out. Now this will stay hot throughout the journey as long as I keep moving but if I get stuck in traffic then she'll get cold again. I also can't seem to adjust the heat so it's either hot or cold, no in between. I'm not even sure the heated windscreen works :?

Anyone else come across this before? Sods law that my daily is having heating issues during the winter yet the off-road projects heating works perfectly! At least if it's something simple it can be taken out of the project puma.

*Update*

Finally got round to replacing the HCV at the weekend. Was working perfectly, cold when on cold and got lovely and toasty when putting it on hot. Then today after driving for 15 minutes with the air con on cold it went hot and stayed hot :?

Anyone got any ideas? Gone from one extreme to the other!

My first point of suspicion would be the air trapped in the system. That would explain being cold all the times unless engine properly heated up. The other thing to look at is your thermostate. Is engine running to cold?

It wasn't a genuine HCV which was most likely the issue. Swapped it just over a week ago with the one from my old Puma which was genuine and all seems to be working fine now. Just as well considering the heatwave we've been having here otherwise that would have been extremely uncomfortable!

Back