Airbag

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujipuma

Hi, if my driver's side airbag has gone off, do I have to replace just the airbag, or do I have to replace the module, too?

Hi, Ian,
Thanks for the quick reply. My module is under the dash, in front of the gear stick, and ends in the letters AC - what should be the number on the airbag? The car is a 1.7, year 2000.

Peter

Hi, Ian, Thanks again for the quick reply. You may have hit the problem.. I bought an airbag some time ago, and put it on, not knowing that driver's airbags are different depending on whether you have a passenger one or not. (The car is definitely a one bag car - x1 on the windscreen).I threw the original away, so I do not know the original number. At present, I'm changing the back axle, so I cannot take off the steering wheel, in order to see the bag number; My problem is that the airbag light comes on and stays on after its initial on/off sequence. WikiFord codes suggest its a earth leak or the bag or module are not connected/incompatible. I'll get back to you when I can see the bag number, if that's OK.

Peter

Latest posts

Back