Alcantara

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frp483 said:
[post]361119[/post] Hi Richard

What option did you end up going for.

I'm looking to get the lot done. I've got a few samples on order and I've spoken to several upholsters now and I should be able to get it close, I know it won't be "original" but imo a close matched coloured with everything looking perfect again is better than it is now they're all going to need it at some point haha. At £220 for just over a 0.25m squared I just can't bring myself to buy original material, especially given that it could look different to the stuff that in the car now. After 17 years parts have faded in there.

Sounds like the right plan, love to see some pictures when it's done. £220 is taking the mick, I picked up 1.20 meters with the foam backing on about 12 months back for a lot less than that. Like you say the colours are not compleatly identical, the new stuff appears to be a little lighter, so if you do one seat base you end up doing both because they don't match when they are side by side. Its a real shame that we can't do a group buy on a new limited run specifically for owner only.

Frp483 said:
[post]361155[/post] Sounds like the right plan, love to see some pictures when it's done. £220 is taking the mick, I picked up 1.20 meters with the foam backing on about 12 months back for a lot less than that. Like you say the colours are not compleatly identical, the new stuff appears to be a little lighter, so if you do one seat base you end up doing both because they don't match when they are side by side. Its a real shame that we can't do a group buy on a new limited run specifically for owner only.
It would be good, but I'm speaking to a couple of guys that are pretty flexible. I'm looking to get it done by bit to spread the cost as it were. I'm going to have to get the front brakes sorted first by the looks of it though

That's the first thing I did. total strip and rebuild,of the front calipers, used a local engineering company to manufacture the Pistons in 316 stainless. Just dropped of Cad drawing with tolerances on and spec which I was told was over the top ie cylindrical ground surface, picked them up a couple of weeks later. New seals, ep10 primer, stainless steel bolts and set pins, paint colour of a Ral colours chart and Matt clear coat top finish petrol resistant. My orignal disks are just below the recommended limit. Home work up to yet points towards picking up two part set up from Alan at puma build.

I've already got a bar of 316 on order, I've got a good CNC lathe at work so I'll turn them on that. I might order a full service kit from Chris Allison, and I really like the two piece disks from PumaBuild

Spotted this S42 may be close enough to trim a Gear Lever and Handbrake gaiters? Possibly even trim the Glovebox interior. Any thoughts it's not the original colour but maybe close enough for other bits. The steering wheel is never quite the same colour as the seats after the first use anyway. I appreciate the real stuff cost £250p/m so maybe £51 for nearly 2m, 137cm x 182cm to be precise may be useful?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECO-1-1MM-AUTOMOTIVE-UPHOLSTERY-ULTRASUEDE-SOFA-CAR-INTERIOR-SEATING-BLACK-54W/222708570237?var=521562861652&hash=item33da77187d:g:36gAAOSw-xVaAEei

Attachments

• S42.jpg
    S42.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 46
You wouldn't know without getting a sample. Loads of people have used slightly off shades for the gear gaitors etc over the years anyway

I'll ask and check it out mind you I am slightly shade blind so my opinion may be meaningless :? but we'll see :wink: .

I could snip you some real stuff and send it to you as a sample if you’d like.

Don't worry I don't need that yet but it may be worth getting a alcantara maker to make some more at some point and at that point a sample would be useful i have the car so I'll do my best to compare. May even post a picture if I get samples.

Latest posts

Back