Alcon front discs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave93.marsh

In a word no!

The Alcon discs are around £200 each from puma build

Hi-spec bell and rotor set up is around the £360 mark

I hear there is a Mitsubishi disc that can be machined to fit but don't know of anyone having this disc or even where to get it

All in all mate they are expensive eldoodarino is the man to speak to concerning all your braking needs.

Pumaspeed do the machined set for £169.99 pair but people say there is no real alternative to the 2 options above.

The Hi-Spec, bell and rotor system is the only alternative in my opinion. It's roughly the same cost to set up as a new set of Alcon discs but you will save money in the future, when you next need to change your discs.

When you look at prices for other car's with performance brakes, £200.00 a disc is pretty cheap.

Check your front bushes as they might be worn causing the judder rather than a warped disc.

You need my 'haynes' style brake guide, i sell it on ebay so keep an eye out.

the mitsi disc is one i got hispec to set up....its EXACTLY the same but they have converted it from 5 stud to 4, doesnt effect strength

I highly recommend the hispec 2 part discs and personally believe they will help the retail value of the car; most people sell the car when they see the bill for brakes unless its a 'keeper'. when you come to sell you can make them aware the car is already set up to run discs that are half the price to replace.

But in all honesty; take your car for a dam good thrash! start fairly slowly and brake with low pressure, build up to motorway speeds and brake hard enough to upset the abs.....then drive it for a few miles to let the brakes cool.....presto, not more warped discs!!! its a race car setup that youv not been driving like a race car; its not very happy with you!

Latest posts

Back