And now 3 worst features of your Puma.....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerdave

Following on from my post about 3 best features of your Puma,now 3 worst..? .Me first a,corrosion .b,water leaks into footwells!.c,heated windscreen when driving into sunshine and fog all I can see is the friggin wires...not much else which can't be bad for a car designed in the last century.

Thats an easy one,
1) Rust...keeping at bay.
2)Parcel shelf
3)In the case of mine she hates anyone taking a spanner to her nothing comes off easy it either breaks or strips :roll:

1. Rust - (But has since been repaired)
2. Road tax - Bit steep for my liking.
3. Standard headlights - Very poor.

Standard Puma:

- Facelift seats (1999 onwards). Mounted too high and offer no support.
- Rusty wheel arches and sills.
- Stance at the rear.

FRP:

- Bloody hard suspension
- Should have been more powerful.

No particular order

Headlamps fogging
Poor Visibility due to B pillars
Rear arch noise without carpets (ok that's my fault)

1. Rain water running in to boot when you open it. Howling design flaw :clap: and bloody annoying the first few times is soaks your suit you laid in the boot seconds before :roll:

2. Rear view mirror is far too low, it blocks my view or cars coming out of side junctions so I need to move it.

3. Rust. Thankfully I've only got one bubbling arch so far but coming from the world of MK1 MR2's, Puma's rust nowhere near as bad.

Thankfully the list of things I like about Puma's out numbers the things I don't by a factor of 3:1 so I'm happy :)

1 Rust

2 Lack of woodruff key on crankshaft = massively tight stretch bolt for cam belt changes

3 Banging my head on the roof/A pillar every time I get out of the car (seat too high)

Non adjustable steering wheel (too high now I have buckets), knackered engine and dreaded rust. Although the second one isn't really the car's fault, it was just poorly maintained by the previous owner.

I just thought of another this morning - no bloody cup holders.

Rust
I can't stick my head out of the window (it's too low)
Rainwater off hatch goes into the boot.

1: Rust (it's a Ford)
2: Radioactive Green Dash ;)
3: People calling it a hairdressers car :(

1. brakes! or lack of lol,i nearly stuffed it on my first drive the brakes are shocking!

2.rust,arches on my old one wasn't as bad as some but still isn't a good look lol

3.ride height,on a std puma its way to high and spoils it's good looks

can i have 4 lol,power they should have gone with a turbo version 180bhp to 200bhp would have been nice.

1. The god dam oil leak, it doesn't drip when parked, but I go through way to much oil, and I'm worried its running out of engine.. or will do soon with the way i drive. its going into the garage tomorrow.
2. Huge scratch down the left front wing, door and rear quarter panel ruining the paint job - cant really be fixed without a full respray as the car was keyed
3. The rattles and bangs which seem to come from everywhere all the time even on a flat road, door cards, locks, suspension, glovebox

on the other hand, little to no rust! I win haha

Latest posts

Back