Another ABS/TC problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby97

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and new to the Pumas too. I've decided after reading almost all the topics about ABS and Traction Control removal and I thought I'll give it a try. So i removed the ABS modul fuse which is conected with the TC and now its testing time! I started the car and absolutely no light came out on the dashboard. Oil alert, baterry alert, abs and tc didnt selfchecked when I stared it also the heat and petrol arrow stood still until I put the fuse back. Saw the difference without the abs tc system but the heat and petrol arrow are those that are scaring me... My question is how can I remove abs/tc without these arrows staying still and when I remove them I want them to stay as an alert on the dashboard as for now they arent there. The Puma is 1.7 1999 and sorry for my not good English I'm from a land that people dont speak english often :grin: Cheers!

Hi,

The lights should come on with either of the two ABS fuses removed. If they didn't then there may be some other problem, are the lamps in the dash working? Have you had the lights on before?

I removed only one fuse thats described in my manual book because the car is italian and the manual too and I used google translete and found only one fuse thats connected to the abs and it didnt say nothing about the gauges and i forgot that the rpm meter dosent move either...

The car is left hand drive and the fuses are next to my left knee? The other fuses are under the hood, is it there?

Isn't the fuse under the bonnet for the abs and traction control iv removed the fuses for my abs and removed the torque limiter and only the abs lights were on so I wired the bulbs up to the oil low light so it comes on as normal and goes out .

I'll check it out, and btw can this torque limiter be removed without the gearbox falling apart in a few months?

I'm not sure to be honest I changed mine for the racing puma one But as long as you don't rag it all the time it will ok .i drove mine like
It for 2 year before I swapped it when the clutch started to slip .

Back