Anti-Jack Programming?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkennosh

Hi,

on my Focus i programmed the doors to lock once the car hit 4mph to stop car jacking.

can this be done on a Puma??

cheers 8)

Not heard a puma that can do that with it's Ford alarm. If you do it successfully then please let us know!

My Clifford alarm does that (locks when you start the engine - unlocks when the ignition is turned off or you just unlock it manually) and I can see the advantage if you live in an urban sprawl.

I can programme the Jagdeo to do something similar, but as I recall it locks when you are moving and then unlocks when you are stationary which somehow seems the wrong way round to me.

Or do car jackers make a habit of running alongside slow moving vehicles, but leaving stopped ones alone? (We don't seem to have carjackers here in Norfolk)

Twas why I asked the question.

I don't think it should be automatically unlocking rob :pinkeye:

I think it's a good feature, our Clio does this then you have to press a button to unlock the doors for passengers to get in or it unlocks when you open the door to get out.

I don't think the Puma has this functionality though.

Of course you can lock the Puma doors manually if you feel worried. I can't see it's much of an added effort to do that before engaging first to move away.

It's just remembering I guess.

Indeed. Same effect just pushing the hand in when you feel you are in an area which requires such a safety mechanism.

i will have a hunt see if the puma does it, i only programmed my focus to do it cos spent sooo much money on it, felt safer when it locks lol..

Latest posts

Back