Any body driven to Africa?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

As the title states....anyone been?

would be an epic adventure, watching a few things on tv seems to suggest most roads outside a safari park are tarmac? puma road trip?!

iv done the Alps and Monaco, Stelvio and Nurburgring are probably next but Africa would be amazing!

Driving to africa is different to driving in Africa...

Countries dependant... I have knowledge of Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Uganda, The Sudan, Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone & South Africa.

What do you have in mind?

If its a top to bottom.. forget it, never going to happen, the puma would not make it.

I think he means the Stelvio pass
Passo%2BStelvio%2Bascent1.jpg

problem with the stelvio, is that the corners almost go under each other, so you can't go that fast, as cant see anything coming the other way. Yes, its a fantastic experience, due to its 60 hazardous hairpin turns.

We had a much better driving experience on other passes near by :)

Flying Scotsman said:
Shame for OP....

This has been Hijacked....

suggestive routes, and kinda pointing out that Europe has some fanatic driving roads without going all way to Africa!

When I first discovered that they made Corsa pickups in SA, I had an idea of buying one and driving it home, 9000 miles and probably some danger on the way, didn't give it too much thought after realising that. :lol:

yeah just an idea. few more round europe definitely. maybe save africa for a landie / camper when iv got kids

just an idea, bit of a 'back burner' but i keep seeing tarmac roads on anything on tv about Africa so makes a trip seem that little bit easier in a normal car. Kenya and a Safari Park stay would be ideal. loadsa dosh needed so won't be this summer!!!

if anyones been how would you rate the roads?

a- dirt!!!
b- tarmac with big holes
c- 90% decent tarmac

Bearing in mind if its in the puma itl be 4wd and on coilovers (so could raise ground clearance a little) by then

cheers

A little bit of Rally car preperation. Floor guards, sump guards, gravel tyres.

30% Tarmac
30% Gravel track
40% Deep rutted gravel/mud

And dependant on what season you travel in, a snorkel fitted to the engine and animal protection on the front.

Latest posts

Back