Any suggestions on new exhaust?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolyn4863

I'm looking to buy a new exhaust for Blanche that will increase her performance and make her go raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr. Does anyone have any suggestions on which exhaust would be best and where to get it from? I'm not very mechanical yet but i'm working on it!

Have a little read of these threads:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=4068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Depends what you want from an exhaust really. Out and out power? Nice sound? Ability to pass an MOT?

Milltek is the choice for me. It just suits the car, its the best thing i can say about it. At cruisng speed you wouldnt even know it was there.

milltek doesnt have a 'straight through' back box which is the only downer i dont like about it.... (straight throughs are more powerful and dont make any extra noise if done properly like a mongoose one i had on a fiesta...)

To sum up....

Milltek for subtle noisem, only obvious it's not standard when booting it really

Piper for lower, deeper burble-more obvious it's a performance exhaust

Mongoose for excessively large back box, subtle noise.

*Most go with the above though Blueflame and others do cat backs*

If you want a growl then probably look at Piper for a deep aggressive sound.

Piper FTW, thats what ive fitted to mine and its great, having it slightly modified tho to make it abit raspier,

if you want more power then you'll need a 4 branch manifold aswell as just a cat back exhaust wont really add much to the performace figures

If you're only getting a cat-back, I'd go for a Piper, because you get the most noise for the price, but if you're wanting the full system (manifold, sports cat & cat back) I'd go for the Milltek. Great sound (I should know) and I think it's the best balance overall. A bit pricey though!

Thanks for everyone's advice. I'm going to go for the full system but from what everyone has been telling me, I think Piper would be the choice for me. I want something with a nice sound to it. Can anyone tell me where is best to get it from? I've been looking all over the place but i'm a bit baffled to be honest. :pinkeye:

For Piper the top choice is usually Pumabuild (http://www.pumabuild.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Will do soon, I'm at work down at Wycombe at the min and the exhaust is at home. I'll be bringing it down next week, and once I've cleaned it up with some Autosol I'll let some pics up ;)

Neil said:
Will do soon, I'm at work down at Wycombe at the min and the exhaust is at home. I'll be bringing it down next week, and once I've cleaned it up with some Autosol I'll let some pics up ;)

Righteo 8)

carolyn4863 said:
Do they??? Are they not just back boxes?

Hi,

Yep they do :grin: I had a look and they have some really nice ones. They had twin exhuasts, as well as some really fancy single exhausts. The twin was £30, and for a large single was around £25-30. Slightly more the sporty ones.

Hope this helps.

Mark. :)

milltek's are stright through iv found out today. had mine in for a warrantee claim & theyv been awesome about it. spent ages talking cars / drooling over a r8 there sorting out! going back in a few days to get mine sorted. well impressed!

Back