anyone fitted solid / rose jointed top mounts?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

iv got some 909 eccentric top mounts (the blue ones)

just wondered how everyone else has fitted theirs? any tips?

iv machined an ali top hat and a hex stainless bottom one thats threaded (so i can remove the shock without decompressing the spring)

was going to wait until id got some coilovers but rubbers have gone so going to fit over standard frp shocks for a little while. iv removed the nut and bearing from the shock as the top hats do the same job

going to fit them halfway between more camber and more caster. anyone got any good suggestions (cant go for full camber as the frp spring is massive and will rub the chassis.

looks like i will only need to trim 1cm around the turret hole to get it to fit. will still look 'oem' at a glance...

anyone fitted the gaz gold frp spec coilovers?

Looks like youll be the first to fit rose jointed top mounts then!!!

I have the Gaz gold shocks and springs on mine, but they are the standard puma ones. The damping is fully adjustable so its down to your preference on shock settings, but it feels like the springs on mine could do with being a tad harder, maybe the FRP ones are a bit harder due to it being a bit heavier. If you could find out the spring rates of the FRP spec coilovers vs the standard spec, it would be interesting to see if there is any difference.

yeh, seen that but theres not many details

got them fitted now....in short they dont work with standard shocks unless you do some very clever maching of spacers etc and then i still reckon its UP 2mm! coilovers as soon as i can afford them methinks

i used a chamfered spacer on top of the spring cup, top mount bearing sits straight on that, other side of the bearing has a threaded top hat and then a nyloc nut

interestingly iv discovered the frp front shock has 5mm of droop and then only 10mm of travel before its sits on the bump stop!! no wonder the frp has a 'harsh' ride!!!

the frp spec gaz golds have been valved and weighted to match plus have the thicker mounting for the hub carriers so gonna get a set asap

Latest posts

Back