attempting to stall with ABS and TC lights on

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racey42

Good afternoon

I seem to be experiencing another issue on the long line of problems im having with my puma.
This one seems a little unusual to me, see what you guys (and of course girls!) think:

When setting off with haste (for example joining motorway) first gear goes well when come to change gear quickly then putting foot flat to floor my car seems like it wants to cut out like when braking and its left in second gear and about to stall and will judder quite violently at that point I dip the clutch and release the accelerator the engine sits at 2500 RPM and the ABS and traction control lights come on.

This only seems to have started after I have had the cam belt and tensioner replaced by a reputable mechanic while I was watching and there was no movement of the cams and or crank.

I have plugged it in to my little Bluetooth OBD2 reader and torque (free) app on my phone and requested fault codes which usually works fine when tried previously.

Any suggestions or experiences are very much appreciated

Peter

Bit of a development its happening when im not giving it the beans aswell and just happening randomly when im sat at a constant speed.
anyone got any suggestions?

Back