Audi coupe/gt/80 alloys on puma.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunCrm

Good morning Puma lovers,

It might be a stupid idea to open my very first topic in this lovely forum with a stupid question, and you may have a good laugh.. But i`ll try.

First of all i`d like to introduce myself shortly and my passion for puma, which is lasting over 4 years. Yet - i dont have this lovely car :) Really. I was dieing to drive it, but could not afford it. I nearly bought one last autumn. But denied the offer the last second. Now, again im looking for the one, and believe have found it - a girl is selling hers,because she has a new car now (also we are members of our fordpuma.lt forum here): its Puma in Black 1.7, 1998 end, ~75.000miles, cambelt and other belts have been changed recently :) Engine is OK and all of the suspension and liquids are new which was done before MOT in November. But needs some cosmetic care, and maybe a new front bumper.
Price ~900 quid. And the country im in is called Lithuania, MOT last 2 years, and insurance for car is less 80 quid/year. Which is Ok i believe..

Well, it is enough about this, now - the question. As someone already mentioned in previous topics, the first mod for the car - new alloys. :) You can smile about the fact i dont have the car yet, but already planing new shoes.. But this is me.
So, im keen on keeping original Puma Props for winter (we have to change tires for colder season) so looking for summer ones. The most beautifull rims i have ever seen are on FRP, though ET is not OK for standart Puma and 17' in my mind is a bit too much (planing some sport events like slalom to enter). And i dont want too much modifications before i could put alloys on (i might consider lowering the car).
Im looking to 15'-16' range and what i come up to mind - Audi coupe/gt/80 original alloys!
What do you think about them?
25640336_1.jpg

They are very very strong, looks outstanding (i plan spraying them racing white), are 15' , 4 x 108 and ET i think is about 35. And i could get them for 50quid (all 4)
The only thing not fitting here - C.B which is 57. So I migh end up grinding it to the wider 63 . Or is there another way to fit ir right? Please advise on this :) Im also open to other 'alloy' suggestion that might fit standart puma. Multispike ,similar to FRP wheels are welcome. (Mondeo ones are also nice)

To conclude my first topic here - I like your forum and plan to stick arround if its ok. :eek:k:
And.. please dont mind my English mistakes if you see some. :roll:

Englis is not a issue mate

Firstly welcome to the site

Secondly- Al though i have only a slight knowladge in comparrison to some on here i would sat=y the offset, the pcd all look fine so it should fit?

What tyres are you going with?

thanks for welcome.

PCD and offset are perfect on them, but the middle hole is only 57, while most of fords have 63.3, so im not sure it will get allong without third party help :).

Tires, tires hm.. Haven`t though anything yet. Definetly they gona be some semi-slicks. Maybe Proxies (~200/~50). It depends on the size of my wallet and so on.. :(

Hmm the center size would be issue but it may be ok to ahve it bored out? Not sure again it depends how it is done and if it effects the 4 studs- cause if the the center hole is to small then the stud pattern might not fit properly either

Welcome along btw :)

Sounds like a decent Puma your looking at there mate :eek:k:

The offset you need to fit the Puma correctly is ET34, you can go up to ET38 but staying as close as poss to the correct fitting otherwise you will need spacers and will start affecting handing etc...

HTH :)

Zara

Welcome along.

It's most important to get the Centre Bore size correct as that's where most of the loading for the wheel to hub goes, the nuts just stop it coming off and are not intended as load supporting. You could try and open it out, but you need to keep in concentric to the wheel, and a good fit to the hub which may cost more than just buying the correct wheels in the first place.

Dal said:
..the nuts just stop it coming off and are not intended as load supporting.

Thanks, Dal, this is what though too. So only way is to "widen" the centralbore to 63.3. And as my mate from Honda club says - its quite easy activity with corect tools. :) Should take about ~5 pounds for each wheel, a total of 20.
If wheels are ~ 50, work ~20 and lets add painting stuff arround ~15 - i should fit into 80-100 pounds for a set of nice racing wheels. Unless i could find "ready to go" cheaper.

Not to create another thread - does anyone recognize bellow alloys? I found one seller who is miles away from me but sells them rather cheap - so may consider the long roadtrip. In his ad its written that these are from Ford Mondeo 1997, R15, 108x4 PCD, CB is 63.4. Manufacturer not mentioned:

11_vb_560119_3.jpg

But man, they look like Team Dynamics Monza! And priced less then 50 pounds for all 4. IS this worth it, or its just a quality cheap scrap replica.. While journey is 4hours roundtrip..

Back