BAD: Bristol Street Motors" Masons Hill,Bromley

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonB

Been trying to get some hinges for a rear seat, with very little success, decided to bite the bullet and go to Bristol Street Motors.
As per usual the guy at the parts counter is busy doing other things and not really interested in my requests, but pulls up a diagram and I can see the parts I want. Said part has no part number attached so he declares it a non-available part and says I need to buy the whole seat assembly. Needless to say I decline his offer just buying some other bits I needed anyway.
Then a few days later I happen to be passing the commercial site of the same dealership and remembered how helpfull they were with bits for my old mk3 transit bus. I tell the parts guy there what I need, he pulls up the same drawing but this time the parts do have numbers. The storeman explains that he was showing me the correct part list for the year I specified and that the newer models used the same drawing but certain parts had changed so rather than redraw they had just removed certain part numbers.
Parts are now ordered, they will come from the factory, via the car stores and 3 miles down the road, past my house to the commercial site.
Think I'll be going there for all my dealer bits in future, but it seems to show that the car dealership is just not interested in helping keep "old" Fords running, its not like I even expect them to have the bits I want in stock, but FFS let me order them!

In the first line of the post, "Bristol Street Motors" Masons Hill,Bromley branch.
However the Green Street Green branch who are the commercial satelite of the same company are top rate for assistance.
I believe Baalam Ford in West Wickham are also part of the same group, and they seem good too.

One word said it all "Ford", glad you got it sorted, and thanks for sharing the info so others wont be caught out.

Back