Bet you wish tuning a Puma was this easy?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIIVVX

OK guys. Here's me, retired to the leather upholstered luxury of my 2 litre diesel barge and badly missing the fun that a Puma delivers in bucketloads.

But the one thing that a non-Euro IV compliant common rail diesel offers is simple tuning.

In its standard form the Transit derived engine delivers just 128 bhp for a car weighing 1,500 kg (9.5 seconds to 62mph)

The little gizmo below, that I have just invested £160 in (Three tanks of diesel equivalent) will take about 5 minutes for me to fit, and delivers around an extra 20 bhp, so creeping up to the 150 bhp mark :).

Anybody jealous?

Synergy.jpg

That's cool! :eek:k: Is it mostly power or torque or both? Just a slight remap like bluefin?
Must be good to have an almost de-tuned engine that's easy to upgrde.

Dyno figures are only available for the 2.2 version

Torque 425 improves to 475NM
Power 152 improves to 170 bhp

So both, but then torque is something the turbo diesel has no shortage of anyway. Mine delivers 330 NM in standard form.

And yes, being able to improve the looks, and the performance relatively simple is quite rewarding.

Still wish I had a Puma though.

Except at the pumps (I'm getting 47mpg average at the moment - measured, not off the on-board computer)

My mum has the 2.2 Sport SE, It's a pretty hot car with it's sleek black half leather half suede interior and all the mod cons you could want. She has the 17" wheels (can be seen in a pic somewhere on here) but does not have the bodykit which was optional.

The car is a midnight blue sort of colour too with Xenon headlights which only come on the higher spec ones!

It's here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=1054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tell her about the Roverron module then (or install one when she's not looking.)

Does it have the six speed box? I drove a 2.2 the other day and it did perform so well. Hence the urgent purchase of the module which will bring the 2.0D closer to 2.2 performance.

Yeah the 6 speed mmm motorway heaven

And possibly lol... dont think i have that much cash though!

OK, couldn't resist it.

Went out into the office car park at the start of lunchtime. About five minutes later I'm off on a road test.

Feels a lot better, even on an intermediate setting, and how many times have we heard that on various fora? ("My car 'feels' better on BP Ultimate" and similar)

But, previously at a steady 30mph on the cruise control, I had to be in third. Now it pulls along quite happily in fourth. The improvement really does exist.

Brilliant bit of kit.

Splendid! If you can resist more right foot to take advantage of the extra 'oomph' your mpg should go up :)

That would be nice to plug a box in and add all that bhp.

why did you sell your FRP?

now ive got one i think id be gutted if i got rid of it .

chris

We have two elderly relatives in the North of England and we live in East Anglia.

The FRP which I had for about three years and 40,000 miles is the most wonderful car in the universe for blatting around the lanes and B roads here.

But for four hour motorway journeys I'm afraid it just doesn't hack it.

The Jagdeo is a right old barge. But I can get it onto the A14 at Huntingdon, switch in the cruise control and arrive in Liverpool / N Wales before I even realise I have left home.

The only reason.

Relax. Your car is MUCH nicer than mine.

lol i feel for ya ...lets just hope the missus dont get pregnant any time soon, otherewise il be upsizing to a family car

Back