bigger injectors what ones fit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puma1224

hi i spoke with steavie the other day he mentioned he will be putting mondeo injectors on his car,i was in a rush and forgot to ask him what mondeo do the injectors come from ,does anyone know what bigger injectors fit the puma thanks

They are Denso 948F-B2B (225cc) from a Mondeo 2.0 or a XR2i. It's the yellow one (camel) to the left; on the right, a stock 98MF - AA!
pict3145.jpg

pict3146g.jpg

http://mrinjectoruk.co.uk/Denso-Ford-side-feed-injectors-948F-B2B-P1267060.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are lucky you can find them on ebay at a fraction of that price!

For example, i got the 4 of them for 35£ inc. postage (and i live in Portugal)! :grin:

ok thats cheap, did the car run ok on them,engine didnt flood etc with extra fuel going in,did you get icrease in power ,would like to know

Unless you've got some form of engine management/piggy-back fuel controller I would expect just fitting larger injectors to massively overfuel?

If buying second hand I'd definitely get the injectors flow tested/cleaned before fitting too.

Tested with and without repro and the gains are noticeable! :roll: You are right in what concerns to get them cleaned before fitting!

Unless you alter the cam timing, use some engine management or get it mapped specifically then its a cracking way of getting bore wash

now im really confused ,should i shouldnt i ,im just looking to put them in ,car has already been mapped ,if i have to alter lots of things then i wont but if its a straight forward fit and go then i will

i got my hand son some today and will fit them in a week and report back! but mines not really standard any more :pinkeye:

puma1224 said:
now im really confused ,should i shouldnt i ,im just looking to put them in ,car has already been mapped ,if i have to alter lots of things then i wont but if its a straight forward fit and go then i will

car will need live re-mapping to suit, which will help, but you may find it still overfuels in which case some cam altering will be needed

just banging them onto a standard engine will probably see a loss in power and potentially ruin your bores

ScubaSteve said:
puma1224 said:

car will need live re-mapping to suit, which will help, but you may find it still overfuels in which case some cam altering will be needed

just banging them onto a standard engine will probably see a loss in power and potentially ruin your bores

Steves right, if the injectors are a lot bigger then the std injectors, they will be outside the correction parameters of the ecu, so will overfuel, unless you scale up the amount of air going into the engine at the same rate as the injectors, so if you got 10% bigger injectoer, youd need 10% more air to be going into your engine, and even then there are temperature and other factors that need to be taken into consideration. Too much fuel in the combustion mix results in loss of power, and bore wash, not good on any engine, but a nikasil lined engine is definitely not a good look! If however the injectors are not too much bigger then standard, then the ecu will adjust to them, but only on open loop, not on acceleration. Theres no point fitting bigger injectors unles you max out the standard injectors, and naturally aspirated you can go up to about 220bhp on std injectors, so unless your running more then that, why upgrade??? There is absolutely no point upgrading injectors to bigger if you are not runnig the standard injectors more then about 85% duty cycle, the bigger the injector, the harder it is to get your car idling well, and there will be no difference in performance, the response time will be no quicker.

Al_Kaline said:
:cool: My Puma must be very special!

My opinion is... if it's an inexpensive and easy to fit mod, why not give it a try!?!?

because it mite be expensive to fix afterwards lol,you dont need them for your mods if you are getting bore wash it will go on for abit before it goes bang, so i wouldnt think your puma is special yet :wink:

Al_Kaline said:
:cool: My Puma must be very special!

My opinion is... if it's an inexpensive and easy to fit mod, why not give it a try!?!?
That's fair enough, its your puma, and if you want to try something new, then go for it. If it works, then you have discovered something new! I don't agree with the statement "if its inexpensive and easy to fit, why not give it a try", simply because some things will damage your engine.

The fact is, this is just a forum, and there are going to be all sorts of word of mouth rumours going around with things that apparently make your car go faster. Bigger injectors is one of them, cheap chinese electric superchargers and "ebay special" mod chips are another. Leaning your fuel mixture out will give you more power, & its cheap to do, but I wouldn't recommend it as it will probably melt your engine!!

All we can do is give advice to the best of our knowledge and its up to you if you choose to take it or ignore it.

I think i will just stick to standard ones and get them cleaned or clean them myself thanks for all your advice , i not willing to take the risk and if standard are good for 220bhp then no need to change,,now best way to clean injectors myself lol

Back