bigger injectors what ones fit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PumaNoob said:
All we can do is give advice to the best of our knowledge and its up to you if you choose to take it or ignore it.

I appreciate those advices but i have no bore wash symptoms whatsoever! No lacking in performance nor gasoline mixed with oil!

On the other hand my Puma went to IPO (i think you guys call it MOT), and it passed with 0 emissions!
:lol: How's that possible!?!? I was expecting very bad results due to my latest mods (injectors included).

I think you must mean normal emmisions because no petrol or diesel engine in the world can run with 0 emmisions!! The fuel goes in, and has to burn to make power, and there is always going to be a byproduct of that process.

There's all this talk of weather it will or won't work, but does anyone actually know what the flow rate of the Mondeo injectors is?? Everyone is assuming the Mondeo injectors are bigger, but they are not!! The beige injectors are either 178cc or 210, I can't remember which, but the puma injectors are 280cc!! So you will find that as I mentioned earlier, you will possibly have more power, but you might be running very high cylinder head and exhaust gas temps.

So I stand by what I said, I DON'T agree with the statement "if it's inexpensive and easy to fit, why not give it a try"? That is exactly the reason why you shouldn't give it a try, because it's based on assumptions, and you could actually be dramatically shortening the life of your engine by running it lean. You should never change something so important without the means to check the effect it is going to have. That's as short sighted as throwing any old pistons in your engine, just because someone on a forum said they did it and got a million horse power from it.

I appreciate that we like to modify our cars, and it's great that people are trying new things like older injectors and older throttle bodies ect, it can save you a fortune if you discover something that fits but can be had for the fraction of the cost of a similar part, but I think a little research and logic might go a long way.

ScubaSteve said:
i think everyone in here needs to calm down

Have some posts been deleted or am I missing something here?? I think you might be a few con rods short of a full engine mate, you should change your name to straight-jacket Steve!!! :grin:

Lol, that will decrease emmisions 100% and decrease engine load. Scientifically proven to give you more bhp! :eek:k:

i also noticed that after i posted the other day,you say mondeo injectors are 225cc so the flow rate is less that std greens!

was there posts deleted? im confused

Mondeo/XR2 one's are 225cc and the Puma (green top) are about ~170cc!

Putting this into order is: brown head > green head > yellow head > black head (RS2000).

Black head (near 300cc) ones won't be straight fit cuz the side feed is a bit diferent (and they're Bosch)!

And the emission test results were 0 CO2! :lol: It passed and it's all that counts! :p

Al_Kaline said:
Mondeo/XR2 one's are 225cc and the Puma (green top) are about ~170cc!

Putting this into order is: brown head > green head > yellow head > black head (RS2000).

Black head (near 300cc) ones won't be straight fit cuz the side feed is a bit diferent (and they're Bosch)!

And the emission test results were 0 CO2! :lol: It passed and it's all that counts! :p

The puma green injectors are definitely not only 170cc, my car runs 230bhp with the green injectors, and another member on here (clayton), ir running 260bhp in his turbocharged 1.7 with just the green injectors in. And there are numerous members on here that have had more then 200bhp on their puma with the standard green injectors. The green injectors have been flow tested and are indeed 280cc. No matter how you try and calculate it, even on 100% duty cycle, you will never get 260bhp out of 4 170cc injectors on a 1.7 puma engine!

Do you really want to continue with this debate??? :wink:

pict3145.jpg

The side feed is larger on the first one!!! Uhmmm... :? How can it be!? :eek:k:

The side feed?? The size of the 'feed' or input is irrelevant! Its the size of the outlets that matters! And if you think that big hole in the side of the brown/orange piece on the bottom it what forms the spray pattern, you really need to do a little research!! :lol:

The holes or "micro-orifices" that spray the fuel are tiny, you wouldn't be able to see the difference between the holes on a 500cc injector and a 100cc injector with the naked eye, let a lone the difference between a 225cc injector and a 280cc injector!

These are the mondeo injectors that you have pictured, and are fitted to the engine on page 1.
http://mrinjectoruk.co.uk/Denso-Ford-side-feed-injectors-948F-B2B-P1267060.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are 225cc

Now heres the thread of the guy whos just done the turbo 1.7.

http://www.zsoc.com/showthread.php?t=96385&page=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And for those of you who arent members of zsoc, heres a quote:

Clayton said:
You won't believe it but this is fueling ok on the standard puma greens! I had these flow tested and cleaned and these were rated at 280cc not bad! Fuel pressure was adjusted but it might be down to the pump as well not looked into it but it's something for the future... Need to sort my tyres out and get that power down!
:

This is not someone who claims a friend of a friend did this, he actually took them to get them flow tested. Here are his dyno results

ClaytonDyno.jpg

That was at 8 psi, 10psi was 260bhp, but with the injectors were running 100% duty cycle which is not safe, so he turned the boost down. Even if we dismiss the 260bhp, and go off the 242bhp we see on the graph, the 225cc mondeo injectors would never reach that power level, they would start to fade before they reached 200bhp!

So, do you think its possible for 4 225cc injectors to fuel safely up to 242bhp on a 1.7 puma engine?? :? If you say yes, you risk making yourself look a fool :lol: If you say no, then you are admitting your wrong, and the puma injectors are infact bigger!! Im afraid its a loose loose situation for you buddy! :oops:

Would you like me to ask Clayton to post on here too to confirm, or are we done here???

Oh, so you think 4 170cc injectors can fuel a puma engine to 242bhp??? :shock:

WOW!! :lol:

Stick a fork in me, I'm done! :cool:

Al_Kaline said:
Puma one's are rates at 170cc. The machine that flow testes them must be wrong! Only Nippon Denso can sort this out!

what are you basing your info on?

Based on Nippon Denso injector specs, ScubaSteve! I saw those specs somewhere on the Web but i can't find it now!

The good news is that i have both to compare it on, and maybe record a video of them getting flow tested! :wink:

Back