bigger injectors what ones fit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al_Kaline said:
Based on Nippon Denso injector specs, ScubaSteve! I saw those specs somewhere on the Web but i can't find it now!

The good news is that i have both to compare it on, and maybe record a video of them getting flow tested! :wink:

Now thats a good idea!!! The proof is in the pudding! I will bet my life, and all 3 of my cars that the puma injectors are more then 170cc!! If the puma injectors are less then 200cc, i will retire from the car modifying buisiness and take up bowls, or knitting!! :lol:

PumaNoob said:
Now thats a good idea!!! The proof is in the pudding! I will bet my life, and all 3 of my cars that the puma injectors are more then 170cc!! If the puma injectors are less then 200cc, i will retire from the car modifying buisiness and take up bowls, or knitting!! :lol:

:lol: Email sent to Denso as well but still wanting to make that test!

I tried for months to get the flow rating of the puma injectors, and couldnt find any information. So i just built my car, and decided to see what power i could get.

You still never answered my questions, do you think you can get 242bhp from 170cc injectors???

put the flow rate to one side a minute :) i dont understand you can see on the graph the car made 242bhp on std green injectors so why would you need to change yours?

madhillbilly17 said:
put the flow rate to one side a minute :) i dont understand you can see on the graph the car made 242bhp on std green injectors so why would you need to change yours?

Very good point, ive got carried away trying to prove a point, but regardless of the injector size, why change them if you are nowhere near the safe threshold of the original injectors?? Clayton got 242bhp, but thats turbocharged, and the boost counteracts the fuel pressure, so NA you would easily be able to get 250bhp! What power do you think you might be running??

According with this site... http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... you just need 119cc to make it!

Well it requires 476.4375 cc/min at 43.5psi but i think that's 476:4=119!

Al_Kaline said:
According with this site... http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... you just need 119cc to make it!

Well it requires 476.4375 cc/min at 43.5psi but i think that's 476:4=119!

Im going to give you a chance to look at that website and re calculate that before i post another reply. Remember that B.S.F.C. needs to be at least 0.6 for a turbocharged engine! Dont get lb/hr confused with cc/min, and make sure you put 4 injectors rather then 8!

Those calculators are designed for bigger engines, not really accurate on small engines!

semttulowwr.jpg

Have I missed something!? :|

The calculated flow is not a combined amount, it's the flow rate for EACH injector!! As I said earlier, it's not very accurate for smaller displacement engines. It's a bit more accurate for the 2.5 5 cylinder focus ST though & 2.5 Focus RS. The RS needs bigger injectors when the power goes past about 350bhp, or so I have read. The standard injectors are 440cc.

Dear Mr. Neto:

Thank you for your interest in DENSO.

We are not at liberty to give out data- or spec-sheets to end-users / consumers, and suggest you contact the vehicle manufacturer of your choice.

We regret not to be able to support you directly.

With kind regards,
DENSO INTERNATIONAL EUROPE

OOOO big big secret!!! :evil:

Why would they not tell us the flow rate of some injectors, & openly publish the flow rates of others?? Seems pretty pointless, & the fact that the newest puma is 10 years old now, I'd have thought they wouldnt be breaking any regulations!!

I suppose the only way to find out is to take them to get flow tested.

Al_Kaline said:
Yeah you're right, i know that for a tuned Skyline the best ones are 555cc!

"best" all depends on what horsepower you're going for. 555cc injectors aren't going to be much good for 700bhp...

Fair play to you mate, not many people would have put that! Thanks for the update, at least we all know for sure! :thumbs:

:wink: I've no problem with that!

On that friend's document the Mondeo ones are rated at 230cc! The funny thing is that Xparty "upgraded" to the same as mine and noticed improvements as well!
I'll put my old ones back in place!!! :roll:

You could have a valid point though, ford runs the ECU at a safe amount, you could afford to run a little leaner, which would give more power. It's only a small difference in injector size. If you used a high octane fuel and smaller injectors, you could potentially have more power.

Just been reading this and I know nothing about flow rates and injector sizes but I do have in my garage a 2ltr throttle bodie and beige injectors.
I'm going to put the bodie on my Frp and bore the inlet out but I also was gonna fit the injectors.
The only reason why is that they both came off the same engine,one air,one fuel and as they are off the same engine aren't they designed to work with each other,there fore giving the best set up?

No, it doesn't work quite like that. First off, your valves and cam lift would have to be directly proportional, but its never going to be as the cylinder capacity is smaller. the bigger TB might make a difference, but just remember you are altering the dynamics of the intake system, so you may alter the torque curve, like different size runners do. Secondly, the ECU calculates the injector pulse widths from the lambda feedback, so all it will do when you fit the smaller mondeo injectors is increase the injector pulse widths. So it will be no different to standard injectors once your ECU has reprogrammed itself.

I think with things like bigger throttle, it's definitely worth exploring, it's a cheap mod,& with the right supporting mods it will help

Back