bigger injectors what ones fit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havernt got a clue,you've done loads more engine work than me and so I'm more inclined to listen to someone who's been there and done it.
I was going to do the throttle bodie due to loads of guys on here have already done this mod.
I need to get the inlet hole made bigger to match but I only paid £10 for the bodie and received the injectors for free.
I thought I might try them and have seen that lightning Motorsport uses them on some of there engines.
Ill leave it tho now.

There is always something new to try with your engine that people have not tried yet, and although some things dont make sence on paper, sometimes the only way to find out is to try them. Like for instance people will tell you NA cams dont work well with a turbo, and overlap is bad. You read it on almost any forum, yet its incorrect. Some engines respond different to cam duration, but for low down power, overlap is actually GOOD on some turbo cars. But the only way i found that out is by trying it out. The more people there are trying new stuff, the better. Look at what Ginger Tom has done with his frankenstein engine!! That has opened up a lot more options for puma and fiesta owners. Just make sure you post up your results, good or bad!

This Winter I took off the original ones to clean and have put the 230cc on, and noticed a dead spot around 2000rpm while the engine was running cold! The reason could be other than the injectors though!

Wich injectors do you have in your latest frp setup pumanoob?

My latest setup is 600cc injectors. I was running 440cc injectors previously, but they were running close to maximum duty cycle so I decided to buy bigger. But my ECU makes calculations for different injector size, so I don't have to tune it all again.

Flat spot can be a lot of different things, when you changed injectors, did you reset the ECU? Maybe it is fuelling for the old injectors.

PumaNoob said:
Flat spot can be a lot of different things, when you changed injectors, did you reset the ECU? Maybe it is fuelling for the old injectors.

Yes I did and I do it quite often cuz I only ride it mostly on weekends and plug out the battery during the rest of week!

Back