Black or Charcoal 9 spokes?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAN-HN

Considering getting the alloys painted or powercoated once the car is lowered. Anyone think this would look good or has seen it done before?

Cheers ;)

Saw one with anthracite looking 9 spokes. Car was lowered and looked ok but personally i would go for some aftermarket wheels and play with them. Problem is if you change colour and don't like them not many people would want to buy some non-original 9 spokes.
Either way, car would have to be lowered to look good.

anthracite 9 spokes could be original fit millennium 9 spokes. Darker wheels on a silver can look quite good :eek:k:

yeah a dark gunmetal grey or black will look great the only thing is when the paint starts chipping away they look abit messy

i would have liked to paint my 9 spoke gunmateal grey but depends what coulor your car is

I've noticed a lot of cars with either black or dark coloured wheels in recent months.
Puma wise - dark multispokes look good, so too do dark with polished rim. Black props are certainly out - they are best left as they are.

this is whats on mine now they fit good offset et38

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_17_Inch_Jet_Hi_Power_Silver_Alloy_with_205_40_17_tyres.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

think i might change them to these soon in the shop the black one looks bigger when you line them up and the polished lip dont look so bad when you kirb these kind of alloys
http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_17_Inch_TD_Jet_Black_Alloy_with_205_40_17_tyres.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are what i have lined up for the Millennium next
http://www.retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=pfsw&thread=54937&page=1#765840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently have some anthracite Fox Evo 3 multispokes 17" (but blimey what a crashy ride) as can be seen on my avatar on the other site.
The wheels above look good on the topgear site more so the black ones

I have black multispokes with a silver line to the front of each spoke. They look the dogs bolloxs imo but as said above, once they start chipping/flaking they look a little tatty. Gonna get some black paint when I remember while I'm out and about and give them a quick touch up. I'm not bothered about a super clean finish as long as they look black where they're supposed to look black...lol

Fordfreak said:
http://www.retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=pfsw&thread=54937&page=1#765840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently have some anthracite Fox Evo 3 multispokes 17" (but blimey what a crashy ride) as can be seen on my avatar on the other site.
Any chance of some pictures? I'm curious what they look like on a Millie, and I'm not on Pumapeople.

Cherie said:
Fordfreak said:
Any chance of some pictures? I'm curious what they look like on a Millie, and I'm not on Pumapeople.
if the stud pattern is 4 and the offset is good i would imagine they look good

really nice alloys

Yeah its definitely getting lowered, trying to decide whether I should do it to save money, reduce scrubbing and maintain the great handling the car has by not changing the ET. But perhaps I could lower it maybe 50mm instead of 40mm if I just kept the 15' on? Any opinions? I don't plan on selling them anyway even if i did buy aftermarkets, because if I had an accident I would want them there to put on before insurance takes my car away :-D

Yes good thinking. i could do with the cash though so i'll probably end up selling my set.
Let's hope i don't crash it though as insuranec people haven't been notified....

Well I'm less likely to tramline if I do keep them, and inevitably crash haha. Anyone got any photos of the 9 spokes painted or powdercoated, or even a photoshop creation?

DAN-HN said:
Yeah its definitely getting lowered, trying to decide whether I should do it to save money, reduce scrubbing and maintain the great handling the car has by not changing the ET. But perhaps I could lower it maybe 50mm instead of 40mm if I just kept the 15' on? Any opinions? I don't plan on selling them anyway even if i did buy aftermarkets, because if I had an accident I would want them there to put on before insurance takes my car away :-D
dont forget you could ruin the handling if you go to low

pumakid2010 said:
Scotty1.7 said:
Dan, Have a look in my project thread- Blacknight Photo shopped some for me
still no pics of your induction kit?

No Batman- Blacknight showed you pictures of his Venom, the one you asked for any way?

If you still want pictures of a Viper then when i get some spare time to myself I'll do them. The last few weeks I ahve had alot of other stuff come up to sort out thats more important then that

Back